Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is this appropriate for young girls?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was doing some shopping for summer clothes earlier today and noticed that a lot of the shorts for girls sizes 7 -14 were pretty short. I also noticed some cotton shorts and even underwear had wording on the bottom.

Maybe it is just me, but I think that for girls that age, that the shorts were too small and the writing on the butt is inappropriate. 

What do you think? Am I just showing my age, or do you think these types of things are inappropriate for girls ages 7-14?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (141-147):
mlm120310
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree that they seem to get shorter and shorter but as for the wording I think it depends, "hollister" "gap" "justice" they are all known to put there name along the butt that doesn't bother me as much as seeing a little girl with tiny shorts with "flirt " and "sexy " written on their bum that's crazy to me I also don't think parents should buy their daughter playboy bunny clothes because they like that little bunny, I think it just gives off the wrong impression people see the symbol and know what it means even without the words
jdsmell7
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM

No I totally agree with you, dealing with that crap in high school is enough...no need to start it early. Stores like gap, JcPenny, Macy's, & BonTon carry items that don't do that

luvnature
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I agree with you. 

Maemae2012
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I agree with you.
noel1978
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM

i do the worst thing when shopping for shorts for my three daughters, i go into the boy sections and find the ones with the side pockets. the girls love them because they get to hide their small toys in them.

shortyshorts25
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I agree.. i don't even like the shorts made for my age! lol 

c_ramirez8606
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I have 2 boys and when I'm out shopping and see some of the things they have for little girls now days, I am thankful for my boys.

Totally inappropriate. I hope you find something that works for your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN