Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I've found the greatest killer of Baby Fever...

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

Its my best friends 13 month old son, and I'm not kidding. I feel horrible saying it but I have to vent. My best friend is a single mom (baby daddy was married and stayed such, which I found out later). So, she lives with her dad, step-mom (mom), and her step-moms brother who is in his 40s. I think this child is never put down... or something.  I have been babysitting since I was 12, I have 5 kids, I have 21 nieces and nephews, I have been a foster home while we were adopting.

AND IVE NEVER DEALT WITH A CHILD LIKE THIS ONE. All he does is scream.... a high pitched wail that just keeps going, unless you are holding him paying attention to him only (not folding clothing, not making lunch... just him. He even wants to be held while eating. I knew he cried alot, he always has but this is just crazy. I mean I just don't get how he can be like this and not fall asleep. At first I thought we'll he misses his mom today... but when I talked to her she was like "Oh he's always that way, you just need to keep him on your hip". I love him, but I just dont get how a 13 month old can be this bad! He even wants to be held while sleeping, the one time I did get him to sleep I went to lay him down in the pack n play(his mom put it in my SUV this morning, after I drove 30 miles each way to pick him up). he woke straight up and started screaming. Im going crazy, she called me last night at 11 and begged me to take him for the day because she has a class to be a medical assistent she HAS to be at. Ok, I figured I can watch him, its not a big deal. I figured after a couple hours he would be better... but he's not. 

Ok, vent over. I can go back to dealing with him. I dont need to be bashed, I'm doing my best with him, but I want to pull my hair out which makes me very sad. I love him and his mom is my best friend, but I don't feel I can watch him again after this. 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM

My daughter was just like this. I didn't spoil her. She just was like this from the day she was born. Later on we found out she had a chronic illness.

Playitagain
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Quoting Janet:

My daughter was just like this. I didn't spoil her. She just was like this from the day she was born. Later on we found out she had a chronic illness.

I was actually wondering about something like that. I also wondered if it might be acid reflux of some kind, hence the not wanting to sleep alone laying down. But my best friend swears he's been checked out. I don't know so much if it's even him being spoiled, or if he might not get enough attention. Its just very difficult today having him all day long from 7 am till 8 pm. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM

They didn't catch my daughters for years. The fact that I breastfed helped her and no one knew it at the time.

Quoting Playitagain:

Quoting Janet:

I was actually wondering about something like that. I also wondered if it might be acid reflux of some kind, hence the not wanting to sleep alone laying down. But my best friend swears he's been checked out. I don't know so much if it's even him being spoiled, or if he might not get enough attention. Its just very difficult today having him all day long from 7 am till 8 pm. 

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I think some babies/ kids just have a move difficult / clingy disposition. Hope today goes by fast!
Does he walk? At that age my kiddos were both just as happy walking around and playing alone as they were being with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterbean491
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Sorry that you're having a rough day. My little guy isn't quite that bad but is spoiled. Its all my fault. I was so excited to finally be having a baby. His biggest problem is nap. He wants to be held. He will sleep in his own space but not as long as if you hold him. I recently put him in daycare so that he can socialize with other children. He does wonderful there, but has a little separation anxiety in the mornings. Maybe, your friend has just spoiled him. Some daily separation from mommy might help
EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Clearly the kids parents have trained him to be this way by not ever letting him cry it out when he was a new born.  She needs to start now so he won't be doing this when he's 13 YEARS old. 

MamaOf3091011
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM

my daughter is like this. all she does is cry unless your holding her. I can't take it. :(

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Aww that's too bad. I wouldn't want to deal with a screamer either!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)