Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

the miracle of baking soda

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

I always rember hearing this growing up, and knew the basics. Ex: fridge, toothpaste ect...

Well today I learned the real magic of it.

After years of living in a small place, we are fianlly moving to a bigger house, to fit our growing family. Well  a few years and 3 kids later, there are some things i fell behind on. I really want to try and get my deposit back to help but new things for the new house so im scrubbing this place top to bottom. But with kids in the house im not a big fan of harsh chemicals. So started doing some research. And sure enough almost every one was a basic household item and baking soda!!

For months my bathroom sink, and bathtub have been clogged. I tried pulling out all the hair and gunk. Nothing. Draino. Nothing...Found a thing online saying baking soda and vinegar. Let sit. Pour hot water. ((Well didnt have any vinegar so I poured lemon juice.)) Worked amazing. Hasnt drained this well in years! The lemon juice had the same effect as vinegar but a much more plesant smell. LOL.

Lemon peel, and backing soda to clean and get rid of smells from garbage disposal.

Baking soda and peroxide into a paste, Just rub on tough stains on pans, stove top ect... let sit for a bit came right off!!

And some reason now that ive sat down for the day I have a killer stomach ache. (problay from not eating all day, got into the cleaning groove haha) And since I was on a natural kick today, decided to search natural tummy cures... Baking soda in water!

Also found a few others i havent tried yet (almost out of soda) But the oven cleaner recipe I think i'll try next!!!

Baking soda you are my new best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xxjadedhaloxx
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM

My husband just used baking soda & peroxide on our cookie sheets and stove parts and they are really clean.

my4loves4
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM

HAH yea I tried that too!! only have one stove thing done but so far looks amazing!

Quoting xxjadedhaloxx:

My husband just used baking soda & peroxide on our cookie sheets and stove parts and they are really clean.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Thanks for the tips!!

drivenleonian
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM
My Grandmother bought me baking soda at Sam's club. I didn't know what I would do with it. Now, I don't know what I would do without baking soda and vinegar.
A plumber taught me how to clean my drains with baking soda and vinegar after pulling what I could see out....
They're both amazing non-toxic cleaners.
breebree04
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I have used the baking soda and vinegar on clogged drains several times but never used the lemon juice. Think next time I will give that a try.

my4loves4
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I just used the 99 cent bottle, thats shaped like a lemon and just squeezed it until it all started to foam. Worked great.

Quoting breebree04:

I have used the baking soda and vinegar on clogged drains several times but never used the lemon juice. Think next time I will give that a try.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I'm going to try that baking soda and peroxide on my stove. Thanks!

Mama110981
by New Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
U cleaned to garbage pail with it and it took the smell away? I wonder if that will work with ds diaper pail. Its not dirty bc the diapers go i. The bag but the pail itself stinks!

Quoting my4loves4:

I just used the 99 cent bottle, thats shaped like a lemon and just squeezed it until it all started to foam. Worked great.

Quoting breebree04:

my4loves4
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM

i havent tried my diaper pail, but the diaper pails, and trash cans would problay work!! I might have to try that. Good idea :) Ive been trying to get the smell out of my trash can forever.

Quoting Mama110981:

U cleaned to garbage pail with it and it took the smell away? I wonder if that will work with ds diaper pail. Its not dirty bc the diapers go i. The bag but the pail itself stinks!

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting breebree04:

nurse1997
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Make sure you take pictures !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN