Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you allow your child to play with toy guns?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you allow your child to play with toy guns?

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

I was at Target yesterday with my son and he was picking out a toy gun.

Some lady right in the same aisle started saying that kids shouldn't play with toy guns. I think she was talking to the other lady that she was with but she was saying it so I could hear.

I just ignored her and got the gun for my son.

So, I'm wondering if you all let your kids play with toy guns.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Yes I did.  My son used to love to play Army or Space ranger.  I had toy guns as a kid, hell I even had cap guns.  Playing with toy guns really has NO negative affect on a child

jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I did
ProudMommy_2012
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I think toy guns are better than the "shoot 'em up" bloody video games with realistic graphics that some parents let their kids play
undrcvrmom
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Yes, there is no stopping him! lol  We came out of the florist Friday and he used the wrapped bouquet at a gun!lol  Mostly he plays pretend Star Wars when using the guns.  WE have had the 'Never pint a gun at anybody talk'.

A few weeks ago I had an incident where a neighbour mom came over and told my son he was not to play guns around her girls!  lol  They were in MY yard.  I was upset at first but I realize she only has girls and doesn't 'get' boy play.

Proud-mama-05
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Whether I let them play with the toy guns or they make guns out of other toys/objects what does it matter. I see not problem with it.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Even though we don't currently have any in our house, yes I have bought water guns for my kids to play with in the summer.

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Just boys being boys. My son never had a gun then one day he tood a tool or a peice of metal and started playing. We get him nerf guns. DH and I both have guns in the house. We keeped them locked up, but he knows from both us do not point his toy guns it at someone, its not polite. but he sets up his toys and stuff and practices his little nerf guns. I doesn't bother me at all 

Desjus6579
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes only if they are water guns.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I put other because the only gun my dd was ever interested in was water guns and I bought them.

MJP76
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I didn't when they were younger. Now that they are older i don't mind, but there are also rules to go along with playing with toy guns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN