Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should I be upset?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 18 Replies
Today my husband was driving me to work and I asked to stop at the grocery store first. I've been a SAHM for the last 3 years but we need the money so I got a job at a pizza place making $7.50 an hour. After a couple of months if they like me I will get a raise. It's not much money, but it's going to be $700 more a month for the family budget. Anyway I bought a bag of candy and my husband asked why. I said I wanted to bring it in for all my co-workers to share. I did this when I had my last job. My husband then called me an ass-kisser and said, "What, are you hoping to be promoted to FRY COOK?" All sarcastic. I don't think he respects my job but I don't hear any smart aleck comments when I'm holding my paycheck. Am I right to be upset? he always says nasty stuff to me and he treats me like I'm a child or stupid or something.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anony.mous
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM
bump
anony.mous
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM
BUMP
TattedReader
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM
good God..I feel like I fell asleep, wrote this post and don't remember doing it. My DH is the same way only I didn't get the job at the pizza place because of his demeaning comments.
anony.mous
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Quoting TattedReader:

good God..I feel like I fell asleep, wrote this post and don't remember doing it. My DH is the same way only I didn't get the job at the pizza place because of his demeaning comments.

How did his comments prevent you from getting the job? Because he ran your self-esteem into the ground? That's totally crappy. What does he say to you?
TattedReader
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM
well at first it started as I just couldn't handle it (its waitressing for gods sake, but then again he treats me like a child so..) then it was he would be embarrassed. Yes, it just plummeted my self esteem so I cancelled the interview but I regret it now. Men...

Quoting anony.mous:

Quoting TattedReader:

How did his comments prevent you from getting the job? Because he ran your self-esteem into the ground? That's totally crappy. What does he say to you?

anony.mous
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM
In my opinion, there's no shame in honest, hard work. You are busting your butt to earn a paycheck and support your family. What other people think is irrelevant. That's also what made me upset about what my husband said. It implied that it was a job beneath him and I almost felt like he was making fun of me.
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I'd tell him to shut his fat mouth if he can't talk nice to me. I wouldn't be upset but he would be when I was done with him.

hotmomma033
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I would be upset to if I were you. If I am working hard as well as he to help make money to help support the family. I've been there. At one point I was a stay at home mom then I had to go back to work because we needed the extra income for awhile. I was finally able to become a SAHM when things become better with finances. I didn't have the make a lot of money but my DH never treated me like that. He was happy that I was making money, working hard, and helping in some way. But now I am a SAHM. Parts of me miss work but mostly I dont. I would simply tell him that if he doesn't appreciate me working no matter the place, and helping make money to help support this family, then you will just quite and stay home. 

villagemamma
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM

that is rather insensitive of him. i would honestly just brush it off and move on. no sense in being upset when you could be enjoying your day. If the issue persists and he makes further comments then i would bring it up if not i would just drop it.

jferr3
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM

sounds like he's not happy with himself to put you down like that or he's jealous of you dont take it give it right back to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)