Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Today my husband was driving me to work and I asked to stop at the grocery store first. I've been a SAHM for the last 3 years but we need the money so I got a job at a pizza place making $7.50 an hour. After a couple of months if they like me I will get a raise. It's not much money, but it's going to be $700 more a month for the family budget. Anyway I bought a bag of candy and my husband asked why. I said I wanted to bring it in for all my co-workers to share. I did this when I had my last job. My husband then called me an ass-kisser and said, "What, are you hoping to be promoted to FRY COOK?" All sarcastic. I don't think he respects my job but I don't hear any smart aleck comments when I'm holding my paycheck. Am I right to be upset? he always says nasty stuff to me and he treats me like I'm a child or stupid or something.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Replies (11-18):
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Yes your right to be upset. He shouldn't treat you like that.

hugs

lazyd
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him your being nice and sweet to your coworkers, not an ass kisser.  Or tell him that at least your not kissing his ASS!!  Tell him to shut the F*** up!  Stand up for yourself and tell him you wont tolerate it anymore.  Just ask him why he has to put you down in order to make himself feel better?  I would open up my own bank account and keep the money to yourself.  Tell him that if he doesnt stop the smart ass comments that you'll save the extra money and leave his ass!  Its your money, spend it the way you want!  

splatz
by Sarah on May. 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I would be upset. Don't let him belittle you. You are doing what you can to help your family.

anony.mous
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I brought a few pieces of the candy home and handed it out to our kids. He said, "Where's mine?" I said, "Well, you wouldn't want any anyway. That candy's been ALL OVER my bosses ass. Along with my lips, so don't kiss me tonight." He still won't apologize, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. We'll see how long it takes for the next smartass comment to come out of his mouth.
Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I would be telling him where to stick that candy!

kss12
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM
You absolutely have the right to be upset. No matter what you need to be supported, especially if its something for your family. I would tell him you quit because he was making fun.. See what he says then! Obviously tell him it's a joke afterwards but kind of make a point!
candymandy
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I would be upset.. I played that power game with an ex before. At first I stayed at home with the kids and he worked. So his day was harder than mine. Excuses why he couldn't help around the house.  So I got a job, but he still complained his day was harder he worked more hours.. I started working more hours than him. He would still trump me that he made more money so finical decisions should be his.. Trust me I couldn't win if I tried.. I lost the guy and suddenly my days were a lot easier.

anony.mous
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Quoting candymandy:

I would be upset.. I played that power game with an ex before. At first I stayed at home with the kids and he worked. So his day was harder than mine. Excuses why he couldn't help around the house.  So I got a job, but he still complained his day was harder he worked more hours.. I started working more hours than him. He would still trump me that he made more money so finical decisions should be his.. Trust me I couldn't win if I tried.. I lost the guy and suddenly my days were a lot easier.

Oh man, I understand that. I used to make more money than him, but his hours were worse and longer. I stayed home with the kids so he could sleep more during the day (he works nights) but then he was angry about the lost income. So then I get another job and he's complaining he can't get enough sleep. WTF??? He has this attitude that it's HIS money and the rest of us are all free-loading at his expense.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN