Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How did you meet your husband?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was going through old pictures last night for my sons end of school project and came across pictures of my husband and I that I completely forgot I had.

They were pictures from when we first met. Talk about a trip down memory lane. I cannot believe how long it has been.

How did you meet your DH or SO? 

How long have you been together?

by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
drivenleonian
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
You go girl. I don't like skinny Men. My SO is my height (6'), broad chested with a little something to grab on to. Yummy.

Quoting cookierode:

i was walking (half drunk) the wrong way home.  I was actually listening to my ipod, when i saw a tall (i mean, tall) hairy dude, chillin in the shadows by a garage, smokin a cig.  I totally have a thing for giants, so i was intrigued, and said "hey".  He was like, "hi melissa!"  (My name is rachel lol).  I bummed a smoke, and we started talking.  Turns out he was a bass player (like all my exes lol) and having band practice in the garage.  i had a back pack full of beer.  so he invited me in, and the rest is history.  its been 3 years and a beautful 11 month daughter.  he is a great step dad to my 5 year old too.  he really is a giant, 6'8" and 330 lbs.  I couldnt walk away from that.  

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Congrats on the wedding!

Quoting drivenleonian:

I met my SO online. It will be 6 years in June. The wedding is next June. We have no pics of us together. We are both shutterbugs.

Quoting goddess99:

We met online, been married 5 and a half years.

Ifunanya
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM
We had an arranged marriage....I met him on my wedding day....that was 3 years ago....hated him so much at first....
tsmart
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
My husband and I met online. He lived in east Texas and I lived in So California. I never figured I'd meet him because of the distance so I really got to know him as a friend. After about 3 months of chatting online He told me that he had a vacation coming up and joked about flying to California to meet me.. I was terrified! At that point in the dating game I was so fed up wit men, but there was truly something different about him. He told me to think about it and I did, for about 2 weeks. When I gave him the green light we also exchanged phone numbers. We talked a lot over the next two months and I finally told him I was falling for him. When he finally flew to California I picked him up at LAX, and he surprised me with an engagement ring.. WOW! I said yes and we've been married for over 6 years. Meeting him was the best thing that has ever happened to me, and marrying him was the best decision I've ever made.
Megan11587
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We went to law school together.  We've been together for two years, married for one.

Megan11587
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Where do you live?  What's your cultural background, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting Ifunanya:

We had an arranged marriage....I met him on my wedding day....that was 3 years ago....hated him so much at first....

momof3jam
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Omg wonderful idea!!!

Our 10 year anniversary is tomorrow. I have all night without him because he'll be at work. I think I'll go raid the boxes of old pictures and find some cute ones, frame them and do something cute with it or something...

We met in high school, 15 and 17. We're 28 and 30 now :)

Ifunanya
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I'm Nigerian...and I grew up fulani...

Quoting Megan11587:

Where do you live?  What's your cultural background, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting Ifunanya:

cookierode
by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

they gotta have a good gas tank for the love machine LMAO  meaty men are where its at

Quoting drivenleonian:

You go girl. I don't like skinny Men. My SO is my height (6'), broad chested with a little something to grab on to. Yummy.

Quoting cookierode:

i was walking (half drunk) the wrong way home.  I was actually listening to my ipod, when i saw a tall (i mean, tall) hairy dude, chillin in the shadows by a garage, smokin a cig.  I totally have a thing for giants, so i was intrigued, and said "hey".  He was like, "hi melissa!"  (My name is rachel lol).  I bummed a smoke, and we started talking.  Turns out he was a bass player (like all my exes lol) and having band practice in the garage.  i had a back pack full of beer.  so he invited me in, and the rest is history.  its been 3 years and a beautful 11 month daughter.  he is a great step dad to my 5 year old too.  he really is a giant, 6'8" and 330 lbs.  I couldnt walk away from that.  

Diane1223
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM

We met through a mutual friend.  We started seeing each other in March 2010, got married in August 2011.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)