Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

meals at your house

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 11 Replies
do you set a time limit on how long your kids sit and eat? Do they have to sit at the table until all gone? Do you allow them to play and throw? What is it like at your house?
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is 10 so there's no playing or throwing food. She does not have to eat everything nor sit there for a certain amount of time. But because she used to rush through eating just to watch tv or play again we started a half hour break rule that when she finishes eating for the next half hour she has to either work on homework or read or something like that. So that has helped her not rush through eating, she eats more now, might have seconds.

momof3jam
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Dinner is on the table around 6:30-7:00 (most of the time). We all sit together and eat, and when you're done you can go. If you didn't eat because you were goofing around, you sit and eat. If you're legitimately full, you can go. We don't throw food, but we do joke around the whole time.

TimetoMomUp
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Dinner is usually around 6:30.  We all sit at the table together until the last person is done but if someone is not hungry they are welcome to save their left overs for a snack.

momofsunshine77
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM

BUMP!

villagemamma
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Dinner is always pretty casual at our house. we only have 1 DD who is 4yrs old. Usually we just eat and chat. I  dont usually make her clean her plate. I can almost always tell when shes actually done, when she doesnt like something, or when shes just ready to move on to something else.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We sit at the table until they are full. No throwing food.

jbirdsladie27
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
No time limit, they have to sit at the table, but they decide when they're full. No playing, dinner time is family conversation time. Its like a family sitting down together to eat and talk about their day LOL
mawith2
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
We set 30 minutes no playing. We'll talk at table if they don't get out of hand and they eat. They have to eat their veggie first but do not have to clean plates.
mamabear17
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 2 and he has a table in the living room that he eats at. He is pretty good at sitting down while eating anything, thank goodness! Now if I could get him to stop throwing his cup on the floor. ..

MJP76
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Generally dinner lasts for about 30 minutes. Generally they have to clean their plates. No they aren't allowed to play during dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)