Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

happening now

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

hi i need some opions here. the rule for bedtime is three books one song kiss and goodnight. my son has tried to sneak in a 4th book. i said no the result is him in his room crying and whining. i know i cant go in there now and read him the book beacuse that means he won. my question is it wrong/bad to leave him in there to go to sleep in that mood?

by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM

No it's not wrong at all. Like you said you can't give in. You are doing the right thing.

ilovebacon
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM

its a hard poistion. i know i can end it all if i just read the book but i also know i cant give in. man being a mom is hard lol.

my husband is in there now having a talk about the planets (there is a poster above his bed) all is quiet he must be going to sleep

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Some times you just have to stand your ground. If you give in, he'll think you'll always give in. You're doing the right thing.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Not wrong at all. He will realize soon that your not going to give in. Let him cry it out.

TheDoctorsWife
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM
It's not wrong. You're in charge here, not him. My ds has gone to bed mad more than once.
splatz
by Sarah on May. 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Just stick to your guns.

My toddler begged to take a sippy to bed tonight & I told her no. She was mad and cried for a minute but then she realized she wasn't getting a cup & fell right asleep. Its hard, but sometimes you just have to do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN