Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Going offline!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 7 Replies
I've been seeing a number of posts recently about issues in relationships, between family members, husbands, ex husbands, husbands new girlfriends.. Blah blah. The majority of the drama surrounding these people are through social media networks.. Facebook, MySpace, his space, her space, yo mama's space, tweetie bird me, etc.
Out of curiosity, how many of you have deleted one of the above accounts because of similar issues. I have! My now dh's ex girlfriend of 1 year stalked us constantly and always showed up where we were, so many other things I can't even begin to explain.
Dh and I took it offline, the only things that we have now are our email addresses, me on cafemom and him on LinkedIn. We got offline about 2 months after being together, we finally sat down and said we don't have time for games, lets just enjoy each other. And that's what we have been doing the last 5 blissful years. We converse about what really matters vs what someone's status is.
Have any of you had to sacrifice social media for your relationship? If so, did it make a difference?
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
everydaymom08
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I just delete that person and block them on facebook
RightSock
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:02 AM

We utilize privacy settings. We don't post our every move online. If the need arises, we block and delete crazies. We make time for the family. If a person has trust issues in a relationship due to social networking or gaming it has nothing to do with the sites. 

nurse1997
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I am new to cafe mom but I dont do facebook or twitter if I wanna talk to you I will call you ;] even alot of these ladies are nasty on here its every where !

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Nope, we haven't had any problems. No childish drama here.

momma2b2008
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I would never delete my pages because of an immature person! I would just delete that person from my page!
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Quoting momma2b2008:

I would never delete my pages because of an immature person! I would just delete that person from my page!

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I just delete the person!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN