Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Food ideas for an outside birthday party?

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

Our daughter will be 2 this summer and I'm looking for ideas for food we can provide for her outside birthday party. Last year my husband barbecued and he was grilling the entire time- this year he wants to be able to play and focus more on our daughter. 

Any ideas?

by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MJP76
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Finger foods. Finger sandwiches. Things that can be pre-made.

we are personally having subway cater our Daughters outside birthday this year.. That way, we just have to go pick it up.

sissyboogs
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM

My son's birthday is going to be outside next weekend. We decided to start the party at 2 PM, that way guests should have already eaten lunch, and it's too early for dinner. We're just doing chips/pretzels, fruit salad, and a veggie plate. Basically, snack stuff. And of course, cake and ice cream. 

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I agree with the pps. I always have my parties after lunch and before dinner and only serve cake. But if you want to feed people, sandwiches, cold salads, fruit kabobs,...

afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Make your own sandwiches and chips
Shredded beef or chicken tacos rice and beans
Finger foods - wings , mini sandwiches , veggie and fruit plate,chips and salsa

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SentRegards
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM
If you want hot foods you could always buy a little set up with the burners under water in aluminum foil layers...

But I'm a Filipino so our parties are all about the food so we go all out everytime
Man I'm getting hungry thinking about it now. Some pancit and dinuguan and lumpia rolls... sigh and the mango cake!!!!!!
mom4life5107
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Hotdogs, chips , meatballs in barbq sauce, veg. Tray.ice cream an cake.
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Quoting goddess99:

I agree with the pps. I always have my parties after lunch and before dinner and only serve cake. But if you want to feed people, sandwiches, cold salads, fruit kabobs,...

PinkButterfly66
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM

You could steam hot dogs and make bbq pulled pork in the crock pot.  Or get pizza delivered.

Eve-marie
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Sandwiches, fruit, chips, pizza. Cake and ice-cream.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)