Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

screen time

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: How much screen time would you set

Options:

30 min

1h

none - let them chose

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

i have no idea what limits I should set for my children aged 3 and 7

by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
breebree04
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I dont set a time limit for my kids but I think it depends on the kid. My kids will not sit in front of the tv/computer/ect all day. If they can do other things they will chose to do the other things first so its not a big concern of mine. I have been around alot of kids that will sit in front of the tv all day and watch cartoons or play video games though and if I were their parents they would have a time limit.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM

My dd has been at an hour for many years now, she's 10. She gets more time on the weekend and over summer vacation.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM

About an hour on school days.

mom2the.rescue
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I don't set time limits.  If they've been watching tv/playing games for too long, I turn it off and tell them to play-or I initiate some playtime.  It's pretty rare that has to happen though...kids like to play unless it's forced.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM

30 minutes to 1 hr depends on the day

splatz
by Sarah on May. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I agree it depends on the kid.

marisab
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:46 PM
kinda depends on age of kids and what they use it for
Dolphingirl2004
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Depends, when she is in school, by the time she gets home, we have dinner, watching tv in the evening doesn't last too long until bedtime and summer, she is a great kid to be outdoors all the time. Right now dont have to worry about cutting down her time, maybe when she is a teenager who knows!!! xo

NiCo86
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM
we don't do a set time, some days more than others, some days none at all. but we also use electronics as teaching tools (apparently on my phone, kids learning sites on the computer, documentaries on the TV) so Even when the kids do get electronics, more often than not its educational (they're 4 and 11 btw)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)