Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is This About Me

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 19 Replies
You are at home logging into Cafe Mom, after taking care of the family. You go to your favorite group and read an eye catching post. As you are reading, you realize the post is about you. Of course Anon wrote the post so you can't be sure. So you get to the end of the post ot ends like this
(insert your name here) is on CM and I hope she read this

What would you do? How would you feel?
Me personally, I would be pissed that the person decided to post about me on a national forum instead of talking to me about the problem. I wouldnt talk to that person ever again.
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM

depends on what the post was about

coolmomma1968
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

i would be very upset cuz they didnt trust me enough to come to me about it.

thecoffeefairy
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
It depends on what the post is about. I'm a very private person, so any problem airing would piss me off.
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I would be mad too.

Knightquester
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

*shrug* I'd not respond, a post like that is too childish to mess with, and I am not easily goaded into such childish games.

If the person messaged me, and I actually cared about the person (since there are so many I don't know IRL on Cafemom) then I would work things through via personal messaging.  Other than that, I wouldn't fall prey to somebodies idiotic rant over me, because I don't care about them.  Regardless of how right or wrong they feel they are (and even may be) they are wrong in airing their dirty laundry between you two and adding personal names to everybody.  Be the bigger person and walk away, what's done is done.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I'm assuming the post was not a fun happy post so in that case I would be angry.

KW1280
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I had seen my name as a title to a post, I was afraid to open it. Well I did and it was a B day post. lol that didnt bother me

Quoting Tigress22304:depends on what the post was about
KW1280
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I am the same way.

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

It depends on what the post is about. I'm a very private person, so any problem airing would piss me off.

DazeDelights
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
I would laugh and probably respond depends on what the post was about.
KW1280
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I am the ignore type. My teen comes running down the stairs mad because someone "called" her out on facebook. I told her to block and ignore. Lately I have been a little witchy though so I might respond lol

Quoting DazeDelights:

I would laugh and probably respond depends on what the post was about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN