Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's CHAT: What's On Your Mind?

Welcome to our Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What's on your mind?
What are you doing today?

Let's talk!

how are you

*To chat with other members, use the Quote buttone above their reply and respond to them!

by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Replies (101-108):
splatz
by Sarah on May. 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

If you hit the "quote" button at the bottom of peoples posts they will get notified that you responded & be able to respond back. If not they won't know you are talking to them. :)

Quoting colorlessangel:

where r u stationed at

splatz
by Sarah on May. 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I hate those things!

Quoting mommyto3bees:

i worked.. my finger nail hurts.. trying to get these fake ones off  and one just keeps ripping my nail

splatz
by Sarah on May. 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Ick! I used to get ants like crazy at my old apartment. As soon as it got warm out they would just pour in the house. I lived right by a river & the landlords said that was why it was so bad. But, I'm not sure. My house was always immaculate then & there were never any crumbs or anything out for them to eat. I just couldn't get rid of them either. :/

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

Its gross. We've only found them on our couch, in our sons room, and in the bathroom. Our son eneded up sleeping in his play pen in our room last night. I was not having him sleep in his crib with ants.

Quoting thesj180herself:

Aw, yuck! We have roaches and we might have to go somewhere else, too...ugh! Best of luck!

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

Gotta go stay someone tonight and possibly tomorrow with my son and my boyfriend. We got ants... =O

simple frown

splatz
by Sarah on May. 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM

How strange. My mom NEVER calls me. I can't remember the last time she did. Usually it is always me who calls her. She called me tonight. 

I wonder if she is on CM... lol

Quoting justahousewife:

Yea, I'm the same way. I like to say my mom taught me what not to do as a parent. By looking at the effect of what she didn't do it makes it easier to do those things and see the importance in them. 

Quoting splatz:

Mine was never there emotionally once she came back. I think some people just don't know how to be there emotionally for others. She was never loving or affectionate. I think that is why being loving & affectionate towards my kids is so much more important to me. Hugs & kisses didn't exsist growing up. I will hug & kiss my kids to death any chance they give me lol

Quoting justahousewife:

My mom didn't physically walk out but she stepped out emotionally when I was about 6. Before then she was a good mom, after that it's like she was done being a mom and put all her attention on anything else other than her children. She was no longer a mom but she was right there, just a shell of a mom.

Lots of moms don't realize what a huge role they play, even when they're not there or just plain detached or resentful of their position. Sure the kids very likely grow up to be "just fine". But there is that giant chunk missing that can't be put back and makes everything fall haphazardly.

WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

My husband has been gone since Sunday morning, he will be back on Thursday night.  He travel once every couple of monthes for his job. This week his company sent him to Vegas for a  convention for EMC.  I miss him.

Quoting Reina13:

Aww, enjoy the silence. 

I love when I have the house all to myself, of course, just like you, I usually have laundry and other things around the house that need doing too.

How long is your Dh away on business? Does he travel often?

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Kids are in school, dh is off on a business trip, and I just got done loading the dishwasher.  Sitting back and drinking my coffee now. Going to start a load of laundry soon.  Hope everyone has a great day.

mommyto3bees
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM

brough home our new foster doggy tonight!!! shes doing ok.. she came to us from a severe hoarding situation in feb

WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM

DD has her dress rehersal for her dance recital tonight. Have to be there by 4, so I am going to be busting my butt to get her ready to go, and get to the recital site on time.  DD has to be in full costume for the dress rehersal.  Thankfully I don't have to do anything elaborate with her hair. I am just going to pull her hair back in a tight, high ponytail, and pin her head bands in place with bobby pins. DD is in 2 numbers this year (Musical Theater and jazz) so we have to do a quick costume change backstage in between numbers.  I altered a couple of dd's costume pieces to make them easier to get on and off so she could change costumes easily without my assistance. 

captainjack
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM
lol

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)