Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Chomping at the Bit to Announce My Pregnancy But...

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

This is my 6th pregnancy, we have 3 children and have gone through 2 miscarriages at 6 weeks gestation.  I'm 4 weeks now and so excited to tell everyone but DH and I have decided to wait until after our dating ultrasound at 8 weeks.  Just curious, how early (or late) did you tell your friends and family about your pregnancies?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SeabeeWife2011
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I've been told its bad juju to say you're pregnant within the 1st month. You don't know what's going to happen. Wait until your appointment to tell whoever you want, you'll find out how your little one is doing. Reading your history, I would wait just a little bit :).

I'm the youngest of 3 children from my parents. I told them as soon as I found out I was preggers. My mother had to tell her friends that I was pregnant when she just told them she wasn't going to have any more grand kids. She was more than excited :)
Congrats and I hope you and baby stay healthy....healthy pregnancy <3
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Within a couple days of finding out.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I didn't find out til 8wks prego and started telling people that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM
We told family around 10 weeks this time (found out at 3w 4days) but didn't make an announcement to everyone until 18 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I tell everyone right away. The only miscarriage I've had. I was nearly 19 weeks and already showing. Everyone knew. Taught my that there is no "safe zone" after having a 2nd trimester miscarriage, you know that even waiting until the first trimester is over to tell people isn't good enough. Plus I was glad everyone knew. My friends all brought me meals and a gift basket with the sweetest cards. I would want that support even if it was an earlier miscarriage. A baby is a baby and losing a baby is losing a baby. I just don't get waiting to tell people.
rjmac88
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I was 4 months with my first, immediately with my second and third and over 20 week with my 4th
splatz
by Sarah on May. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a few months along with both kiddos. Only a select few knew earlier than that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)