Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you ever get baby fever?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 34 Replies

My youngest is 8 years old. My DH and I made the decision together that he would be our last child. While we both have children from previous marriages, he is our only child together. Lately, I have been having baby pangs. So many people I know or come into contact with just had or are having babies. I am really starting to feel like maybe I want to have another one too.

Im not sure though if it is me being caught up with all the babies around me or if it is truly something I want.

Do you ever feel this way? Do you ever get baby fever?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EarlGrayHot
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Most people cannot see a cute baby or see a pregnant woman without thinking "I want one of those!" but only you can decide if it's really what you want.  It depends on your age and your housing and your finances and your temprements.  Good luck!

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Do I get baby fever? NO

splatz
by Sarah on May. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Yes! I've had it since September. SO has had it about 2 years now. Doesn't seem like it is going away any time soon lol.
Most of our family would disapprove if we had another. But there has definitely been discussion of TTC in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dtm1491
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I do.I am 40 and not having another one but when I hear an infant cry I feel a little tug at my heart. I remember that wonderful baby smell and soft silky hair and I want another lol.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I get baby fever all the time when I am around them, then I get over it as soon as they get fussy..lol

SlapItHigh
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

All the time!  Dh and I are open to life and hoping for more children :).

MichelleMc
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Nope. Not even a little :) One and done was awesome. 

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I have two girls. 4 and 8 months. First pregnancy was perfect. This last one was hell. We cant afford another and my husband doesnt want anymore. I would love to have more but  this last pregnancy was hell and i do not want to do it again to my body. I have my hands full with two and am complete. My tubes are tied now. Im sure i will get baby fever eventually but oh well. We resued a few day old kitten yesterday. i have bottlefed a kitten before but its been 11 yrs. I had to give him away as much as i wanted to keep him. I do not have the patience to feed two babies all day and get up with a kitten every two hours at night.lol. Ill get over it. I am 500% and more complete with my dicision. Reality is the most important thing to think about when deciding on kids. It would be very selfish of me and my husband to bring another baby into the world and it would put more stress on our relationship

Fitfamilyof9
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

My youngest is 4 and it's the longest I've ever gone without being pregnant since I was 18!  (I'm 32 now with 4 kids of my own and 3 step sons)  I spent the past six months going nuts wanting another baby.  My husband is fixed so it would take quit bit for us to have another baby.  My urge is starting to pass as I have more free time now and more optinos available to me in my life because my kids are older.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM
No, those days are over for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)