Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ideas for baby shower

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hey ladies.. I am in need of some help.  My best friend is having her first baby soon, and I want to get her something really great for her baby shower.  I'm looking for some creative ideas.  So what was your best baby shower gift, or what do you wish you would have gotten?  I'm stumped.  Thanks in advance for the help! :)

by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lydias_mommy12
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Something for the baby like a keepsake and a spa day for mommy. There wasn't just one thing that I got that is my favorite, I appreciated all gifts and my diapers lasted six months but I sure wish someone would have gotten me a spa day lol
SlapItHigh
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

A wrap like a Moby or soft structured baby carrier like an ergo or beco.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Check Pinterest for cute shower ideas. As for gifts I wish I would have got restaurant delivery gift cards. I was always hungry but too tired to cook anything.

AhDrah
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I've been on pinterest all day..lol.. I found a couple cute ideas, but nothing that really strikes me as THE GIFT.

jewelfroggee
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM

My cousin is into scrapbooking and she made me a scrapbook for my son's 1st year. I love it and have since then added too it!

AJsMom81507
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

something off my registry.  i know i needed it and it was used.

mbev513
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I agree with the above post. For some reason I barely had anyone buy me anything off my registry. I was most  excited when I did receive something off of it because it was something I absolutely wanted.

Also, if you are crafty...one of my friends went to AC moore and bought a wooden crate, which she painted a light pink. She also bought wooden letters that spell out my daughters name. She super glued the letters to the crate and painted them an off white. It is SO  gorgeous and she worked so hard on it so it made it even more special. (AC moore and Michael's also always have coupons which is a huge plus!)

If you want to get really crafty, I bought the large white wooden letters from AC Moore to spell out my daughters name. I covered them in different scrapbook paper to hang in the nursery.

Hope this helped! 

princezlisa12
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:38 AM

How about some classic baby books, like I Love You Forever or any Dr Suess book?  I generally give a book with a baby gift, mainly because one of my great-aunts always included a book in birthday and holiday gifts.  It really sparked my love for reading (as my daughter has inherited thankfully).

One of the items I received at my baby shower (11 years ago) was a wipe warmer.  I actually received 3 of them and exchanged them all because I thought it was not a necessity.  However, a week in to motherhood, I went and bought one because I had changed my daughter at a friends house who had a wipe warmer and diaper changes became a LOT calmer.  You could also just google baby gifts and search images to see if anything strikes you.  Good luck.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My best friend bought me a stroller at my baby shower.

AhDrah
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Thanks everyone!  I love all the ideas!  I can't wait to put everything together for her now :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN