Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ideas for baby shower

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey ladies.. I am in need of some help.  My best friend is having her first baby soon, and I want to get her something really great for her baby shower.  I'm looking for some creative ideas.  So what was your best baby shower gift, or what do you wish you would have gotten?  I'm stumped.  Thanks in advance for the help! :)

by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Replies (11-17):
splatz
by Sarah on May. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

What about a gift basket of handy little things? 

Diaper cream, baby tylenol, nursing pads & nipple cream if she is breastfeeding, wipes, and socks (and one of those little mesh bags for the washer so they don't all disappear into the washer black hole lol). 

If you stick to the registry you really can't go wrong though! It seems like moms take so long setting up registries & nobody even bothers with them. I had around 20 items on my registry. Not one thing was super expensive. I think the most expensive thing was $20-25. Yet we only got like 3 things off the registry at the shower. To me it made sense to register for just practical stuff. People like buying cute stuff though lol.

HappyMommyToo
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I agree with this...I do wish someone would have gotten me some of the fun stuff that I asked for, it was fun and educational but no one did.

Quoting splatz:

What about a gift basket of handy little things? 

Diaper cream, baby tylenol, nursing pads & nipple cream if she is breastfeeding, wipes, and socks (and one of those little mesh bags for the washer so they don't all disappear into the washer black hole lol). 

If you stick to the registry you really can't go wrong though! It seems like moms take so long setting up registries & nobody even bothers with them. I had around 20 items on my registry. Not one thing was super expensive. I think the most expensive thing was $20-25. Yet we only got like 3 things off the registry at the shower. To me it made sense to register for just practical stuff. People like buying cute stuff though lol.

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM

A carseat

Pammi86

Hand Made Quilt

Pammi86

Basket full of goodies!

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Diaper Cake

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Something embroidered!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN