Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Morning Sickness lost me my Job :( What should we do?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey Ladies,

My names is Jazmin, Im 25 this year. I have daughter who will be 3 in September this year and am 9 weeks pregnant with my #2. My fiance and I both worked at our local Goodwill. Both making min. wage, living comfortably though paycheck to paycheck. 

I recently had to leave work because of severe morning sickness. I have been stuck in bed for the past few weeks. It really does suck. I have tried almost everything for morning sickness and just about nothing works. Its hits the worst in the morning and before bed. 

Anywho, having to leave my job, Im worried we will not be able to provide for our family. Min. wage, one income household, with rent and bills, we've been so stressed about being able to get by. 

I do get foodstamps through the state, I refuse to get back on welfare. I've worked too hard to get off welfare to just get stuck back on it. 

Has anyone gone through this or is going through this who might be able to give me some positive insight, advice, suggestions? Is there anything I can do to help my fiance with our finances? Any work from home opportunities, anything. Anything at all helps. 

Thank you so much in advance. 

by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Replies (11-15):
Macksmom2006
by New Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Zofran girl, it's worse to be dehydrated than take it. I have a history of 7 miscarriages and was on it. Time to see a MFM doc and get a real doc who knows what they are doing. Or go to the hospital every time you have spells of vomiting and get if fluids. Being dehydrated can cause a miscarriage and preterm labor, 

KadosMummy
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I live in Washington myself. Depending on how long you worked there, you should be able to get unemployment. But also it sounds like you do need to take things easy, I wouldn't cut out welfare idea. If you need the help there is no reason you shouldn't get it. That's what it's there for at least your so is working to help out as well. There's no shame in it when you really need it for your family. Hope all works out and you and baby stay healthy. Good luck girl.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I would go on welfare untill I was able to work again. There is nothing wrong with it. That is what it is for.

jazelise1
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM

No. I'll look into that

Quoting connie45:

No one from work gave you FMLA information?

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Yes, its too late now since you quit  but you should have checked into FMLA. That would have saved you

Quoting connie45:

No one from work gave you FMLA information?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN