Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I think this is a bit much...

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 18 Replies
My 20 month old goes to MDO three times a week from 8:30a-2:00p. Last week was Teacher Appreciation week. We were asked (by another mom that took it upon herself to oversee) to chip in $20, which I thought was a bit much for 1-2 year olds, but whatever. Yesterday, we got a letter telling us what all it went for. Breakfast all 3 mornings, a dessert bar, lunch each day from a different restaurant, a different dessert each day (in addition to dessert bar), a gift basket from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, a hanging plant, a $25 Target gift card, and a gift certificate from a local spa for a manicure. Does this seem excessive to anyone else?
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rbrown72707
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Holy cow!  That is a lot!  How many kids and how many teachers?  

munky.wench
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

That is alot, I guess that mom suckered all the moms into giving $20. wow

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on May. 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow...that is a little much.

christina259
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Whats MDO?  That does seem like a lot. I know its a job deserving of appreciation but  its not like they don't get paid for what they do ....right? An appreciation gift is fine but 4 things? yeh, that seems like a lot.

twynns
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I think there are 12 kids in the one's class and 13 in the two's. 2 teachers each and the director. MDO = Mother's Day Out. I greatly appreciate them!! Sometimes, I even look forward to the days my son goes ;) I just don't remember doing that much even in "regular" grades for the teachers when I was growing up.
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
It does to me.
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Lol

Quoting goddess99:

That is alot, I guess that mom suckered all the moms into giving $20. wow

VickyJoJo
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That seems very excessive to me.  When I think of Teacher Appreciation, it is lunch and/or a small gift.

butterbean491
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, yes that is very excessive. Most schools have a limit on what can be spend on gift. I believe at my stepchildren's school it is $20. I know this was a group gift so of course something a little more expensive but that was very over the top.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)