Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I think this is a bit much...

Posted by   + Show Post
My 20 month old goes to MDO three times a week from 8:30a-2:00p. Last week was Teacher Appreciation week. We were asked (by another mom that took it upon herself to oversee) to chip in $20, which I thought was a bit much for 1-2 year olds, but whatever. Yesterday, we got a letter telling us what all it went for. Breakfast all 3 mornings, a dessert bar, lunch each day from a different restaurant, a different dessert each day (in addition to dessert bar), a gift basket from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, a hanging plant, a $25 Target gift card, and a gift certificate from a local spa for a manicure. Does this seem excessive to anyone else?
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Replies (11-18):
splatz
by Sarah on May. 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I think a gift card and maybe another small gift would be more than enough personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

WAY EXCESSIVE

BronsiJoe
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

It seems excessive to me. I think $20 seems like a lot for each parent to chip in, I wouldn't have spent that much.

OliviasMommy611
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow! Holy cow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
undrcvrmom
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with it.  If I gave my 20 and they got all that out of it I would be quite happy actually.  I wish moms around here would do the same.  Then the teachers could get a really great present as opposed to the hundred small useless gifts they get a few times a year.

smac28
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats crazy.

MySweetChild
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a lot to me!  Not that teachers shouldn't be appreciated, because they should, but that seems excessive. 

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah thats a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)