Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Soon to be officially mother of 2 children!

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
So excited to be adopting our 2 foster children (ages 2 and 4, siblings)! Glad to come across a website with other moms and great advice. We have had some challenges since going from no kids to 2 at once, but I'm loving every moment. Never thought I would have 2 when we decided to go thru the foster care system, originally wanted a baby and only one child. Trying to decide whether we want a boy or a girl, it didn't matter to us, but we lucked out and got one of each. Some days I just look at them and think how could anyone ever hurt them or not fight like heck to keep them and make them feel so loved. When they tell me "I love you so, so much mommy!", it just melts my heart. The 4 yr old seems to understand about the adoption, we've explained to him that he will always be our son, we will be family forever and he will live with us forever and ever. I've almost cried in front of strangers (at the grocery store or restaurants) when the 4 yr old says, I'm gonna be with my mommy and daddy forever and ever. They are the most precious gifts and I thank god every day for bringing them into our lives.
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kellyjude1
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so wonderful !  I feel your joy and excitement.  I am also an aodptive mom.  I could not imagine my life without my son he is my heart.  We adopted through private adoption.  It takes a strong family to foster and those 2 little ones are your blessings.  Cherish everyday ....!!  There is no greater blessing than a child/children. 

Knightquester
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so wonderful, congratulations mamma!

Welcome to Cafemom, I hope you find the right groups that make you feel welcomed and happy here.  I will only warn you, as a new arrival on this site, that there are some posts and groups that can attract more negative or drama loving users than others.

I tend to use only a few mom groups, and the rest of my groups are ones that have users who share a personal hobby or life decision I've made.  For you can do a search and find groups where it's used by other moms that have adopted or are foster moms too, share the same hobbies/interest as you, or believe as you do.

Good Luck, and remember this is only an online site of strangers, so if you run into the drama, just back out and don't worry about what others think or say.  You sound like you're a good person and shouldn't waste anytime worrying about unknown online strangers and their opinions.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!!

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!!

splatz
by Sarah on May. 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so sweet! :)

I agree on the warning on some groups. However, this group is pretty amazing! We have so many supportive ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoeksieNature
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats just the sweetest story. My SIL also adopted two girls, not siblings though. The first adoption took almost 5 years before they got the go ahead and the second one went a little quicker. I'm so happy for you guys! Let us know when they are FINALLY adopted (after all the paperwork etc) so we can celebrate with you!

letstalk747
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

im so happy for you , and the kids

MySweetChild
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!!  That is so very exciting, so happy for you all!!  :)

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats, wonderful news! : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN