Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

someone help..baby stool question..

Posted by   + Show Post
So my 11 month old takes really hard poops. They are hard for her to push out, she cries and I hate seeing her in pain. Any ideas from you moms to help her?
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Replies (11-18):
mlm120310
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM
My daughter has the same issue since birth and she's 2 I've tried everything under the sun medicine, depositories, changing her diet and then after several failed attempts we tried miraLAX now she gets a tablespoon a day in juice, milk, whatever I like it because it does not make her go it just makes it easier for her too go, I remember when she was a baby baby her poop was like little rocks it was so sad she was scream.. Aww good luck
JessT25
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Well thanks. My babygirl has a big appetite. She lives to eat so it might be her diet, im gonna try a few things and then probably call the dr. Thanks a bunch though. That helped.

Quoting mlm120310:

My daughter has the same issue since birth and she's 2 I've tried everything under the sun medicine, depositories, changing her diet and then after several failed attempts we tried miraLAX now she gets a tablespoon a day in juice, milk, whatever I like it because it does not make her go it just makes it easier for her too go, I remember when she was a baby baby her poop was like little rocks it was so sad she was scream.. Aww good luck

Imjustinsmommy
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM

my boys BOTH went through that stage when I first went to milk & new foods.. i added more fruits &   prunes & water & it helped.. i also put plenty of a& D on their lil butts so when it came out it didnt hurt as much. it resolved itself.. but if you havent made changes also ask the pedi why?   not enough water?

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I thought I gave my dd pear juice for that. But that was a long time ago, I just don't remember.

miracle0618
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM
My doctor told me to give my son some juice its called apple prune juice and it help losen up the stool. What do u feed ur son when that started??
Megan11587
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Apple juice or prune juice will help

Alta2008
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM

very true, my son got constipated and I had found out it was the bananas, and also apples can for some babies.... I used pears and prunes for my little ones.... A lot of babies have this issue, you just have to find the one that works best for your baby

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

P for poop. Pears, peaches, prunes. Bananas can plug you up. Gerber has single serving size prune juice for babies. Apple juice helped my son when it got hard for him when he was a baby

JessT25
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Well we are starting her on milk now. So my husband thinks thats what it is. She also eats alot of table food. So I feel its my fault her poops are hard and I feel terrible when she cant push it out. :'( I tried the water and pears and it hasnt worked. So I m thinking of taking her in. I just dont wanna go and the doc tells me the same thing... try water, prunes, juices, ect.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)