Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Common Courtesy

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is it just me or do you ladies see alot of negativity and nastiness on Cafe Mom these days? I mean, don't we all get enough of that on Facebook or in real life? I come here to get advice or vent to people with common issues. I have not been a target of abuse too much but I see it alot on other's posts. Doesn't anyone believe in the saying "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Isn't it just common courtesy to be respectful of others? Why do people feel the constant need to be mean? And they do it anonomously which is just being a chick Sh*t...lol. Just had to vent cause I was annoyed with stuff I have seen today on here.

in loveGina

by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momcat437
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Yup, you're right--people will do what they want, regardless of whether it's right or not, courteous or not, kind or not...it's the chance we all take for being on the Web...

coolmomma1968
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM
sometimes ppl dont think about our ppls feelings just their own
splatz
by Sarah on May. 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM
That is exactly why I rarely venture out of this group lol. Some groups are just terrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I see it alot too. I try to stick with the low drama groups.

nurse1997
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

YEP RIGHT THERE WITH YOU READY  TO DROP CAFEMOM I GET ENOUGH DRAMA FROM MY TEENS  SOME OF THESE LADIES ARE NASTY AND WANT TO NIT PICK  STUPID SHIT !!! 

luvnature
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you on that 100%. it has happened to me quite a bit and that is why I don't vent about anything. If I need to talk or vent, I send a private message to one of the ladies I have in my friend list. Those two particular ladies have never put me down and all they have are encouraging words for me. I like that. 

I'm wondering what happened to the saying: "Treat others the way you want to be treated". Guess it's gone now. well not totally since that is according to that saying I have raised my kids. 

Maemae2012
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I think a lot of these people would never react in someone's face like that so they hide behind a computer and do it. Then there are others who are just like that in person.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I agree. I have ran across a couple of posts where people are attacking others and its like if you don't have anything constructive to say or you do not know how to word your thoughts appropriately just don't respond to that person's post.

Internet bullying that's all it is and I also agree with you that it's seen more with people who don't have a pick or has anonymous with their identity, lol.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I don't see much of it myself. But I know it's here. You are right.

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I do in certain groups so thats why I stick to just a few of the good ones!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)