Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Put your phone down and DRIVE

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

Grrr...I cannot stand when I see people texting and driving. Especially when I am in the lane next to them and they start to drift over towards me. Seriously, in what world do you think it is okay for you to take your eyes off of the road and be preoccupied with something other than driving?

I see this every single day! Aren't there laws against this.

Do you have texting laws in your state? Am I alone in thinking this way and just being hyper sensitive or do you see people texting and driving a lot too?

by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandisereno
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM

In Ohio I do believe they have laws against texting and driving. I agree with you it is aggravating when I seen people doing this also. It only takes a split second for them to look away and cause an accident!

GleeFan
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Nothing is important enough for anyone to text and drive. Honestly, when I see someone swerving while they are driving and texting, it makes me want to call 911 and tell them the driver is driving erractically and endangering others. 

Maemae2012
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM
In North Carolina I know we do but you still see it everyday. I don't think you are being hyper sensitive at all because they are endangering someone else.
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM

In Ohio it is against the law to text and drive.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM

It is in Michigan. I once was driving on the freeway on my way home from visiting family, I was on the final 13 mile stretch before getting home when this truck in front of me slammed on her breaks, causing me to nearly slam into the back of her, she was answering her damn phone! Stupid people shouldn't drive!

athiareece
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh in Cali l..San Diego. You will see people reading newspapers shaving brushing there teeth and even painting nails....yes I've seen this all...people can't drive here...
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I see it all the time. I think in MI you can't even talk on the phone while driving. Not sure though.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

That is crazy. Some people have no common sense.

Quoting DanaG70:

It is in Michigan. I once was driving on the freeway on my way home from visiting family, I was on the final 13 mile stretch before getting home when this truck in front of me slammed on her breaks, causing me to nearly slam into the back of her, she was answering her damn phone! Stupid people shouldn't drive!

Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Please tell me you are joking! Shaving and brushing their teeth. Why not just get up 10 minutes earlier in the morning.

So I could possibly be injured in an accident because someone was shaving in the car. Crazy.

Quoting athiareece:

Oh in Cali l..San Diego. You will see people reading newspapers shaving brushing there teeth and even painting nails....yes I've seen this all...people can't drive here...

lillucky8
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Nh has a no txtng law. I dont txt while i drive but im guilty at stoplights, ive been trying to leave my phone out of reach completely to break myself away from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN