Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maaaannnn...

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

So this is just a little blurb of disappointment, into the day I've had...

1) My boyfriend got super drunk last night and messaged three different girls on Facebook telling them that he's "always thought [they] were really hot", and even telling one of them that he's single and should come over...he lives with me. And he left his Facebook open, along with all of the messages, so that was what I woke up to when I just wanted to check my email. When I first "confronted" him about it, he tried to turn it around on me, saying that it wasn't a big deal, that I was overreacting because I'm paranoid and that I'm a stalker. Did I mention that he doesn't have a job and was using my computer for this? I understand drunk-messaging/dialing/texting, because I've done it, too, but never to that degree. I also merely told him that I knew about it and asked who the girls were. Naturally, he says that he has no idea who they are. Okay, dude, whatever.

That's been dealt with, and while it's not merely swept under the rug, it's not weighing on my mind.

2) I had applied for a new role, a promotion, at work, and was assured by my manager, and others above me, that I was a great candidate for the role - I have all of the qualifications necessary for the role, except for the fact that I'm young and not as experienced as other candidates. I even just had a meeting with my manager an hour ago, with her assuring me and saying that she would even talk to the hiring manager to tell her about me and why I would be a great fit.

I just got the standard decline email that I didn't get the job. Not that I had my hopes up extremely high, but it was something I was looking forward to, and just one more thing.

I know this is melodramatic, but I told my boyfriend, who was really supportive (I guess potentially feeling guilty about his actions last night?) and gave me a big hug, and told him that I just needed a few minutes to be "emo" about it, and that I would get over it.

THIS IS HOW I FEEL.

I will feel better, I know, but I just need to be sad for a few minutes.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Maemae2012
by on May. 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Wow momma sounds like you have not had a good day. Maybe there is something better coming for you. I have days where I just want to cry so let it out and tomorrow will be a better day:)
thesj180herself
by on May. 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Thank you so much for your support! :) I'm certain there is something better...I'm just an impatient person and hate the whole waiting process. xD

Quoting Maemae2012:

Wow momma sounds like you have not had a good day. Maybe there is something better coming for you. I have days where I just want to cry so let it out and tomorrow will be a better day:)

Alta2008
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you :)

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Sorry about your day. Hope things get better soon.
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Sorry about the job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)