Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What is wrong with people....vent

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 24 Replies

Really, what is wrong with people. I read that a South Carolina mom shot and killed her 7yo dd and 5yo ds while they were sleeping. She also shot her dh, who survived but has life threatening injuries. When the paramedics found her in a wrecked car, she said she shot her family and tried to kill herself but couldn't bring herself to do it. REALLY! She had no problem killing her two precious babies!

What could possibly make a mom kill her children?

by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Mental illness. Severe depression where one feels wholy unable to go on and that all of their lives would be better if no one is alive. There are so many reasons, reasons not excuses.
FootballFan12
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM

That is so sad. I honestly cannot imagine what would cause a mom to kill her children. 

Maybe like the previous poster said, mental illness, but wouldn't there be red flags before hand? 

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM

...insanity

Angel_Red7
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting grneyedormom:

Mental illness. Severe depression where one feels wholy unable to go on and that all of their lives would be better if no one is alive. There are so many reasons, reasons not excuses.

grneyedormom
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Mental illness doesn't always have visual effects or even precursors.

Quoting FootballFan12:

That is so sad. I honestly cannot imagine what would cause a mom to kill her children. 

Maybe like the previous poster said, mental illness, but wouldn't there be red flags before hand? 

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM

People are just insane.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

This is happening more and more. It is defiantly a sign of the times we are living in.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Mental illness - depression, PPD, etc....

Shaybay218
by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I would say depression has something to do with it but, honestly don't know what make ppl do such foolishness!! R.I.P. babies

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM

That is just insane.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)