Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you think a new law will keep people from drinking and driving?

Posted by   + Show Post

Tuesday the National Transportation and Safety Board recommended that states lower the blood alcohol level from the national limit of .08 to .05 to decrease the chances of fatal accidents.

Basically it means that a man who weighs 160 would be considered legally drunk after two drinks.

Personally, I don't think it is going to help. Responsible people don't drive while or after drinking. Lowering the limit in my opinion is pointless. People who drive while under the influence are going to continue to do so, regardless of any new law.

Do you think lowering the blood alcohol limit is going to stop people from drinking and driving?

by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
BouncyGirl21
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM

No. but it will give the state more money for their pockets by busting these "drunk drivers" It will just make it look like there are more people driving drink on the roads. I mean if you are on a dinner and you have a glass and a half of wine, you are probally going to be "over the new limit". People that drink and drive are usually way well over the legal limits anyhow. 

Alta2008
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Unfortunately NO.... There will always be ignorant people out there...

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM

No

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I agree with you.

splatz
by Sarah on May. 16, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I don't think it will matter. IMO even one drink is too many to be driving. But plenty of people don't think it matters. Or just don't have the common sense to not drive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovestoread0708
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I feel the same way.. People are still going to do it. They think "I've only had a couple, i'm fine" and get behind the wheel.. It would be nice if it helped though, way too many causalities from drinking and driving..

Basherte
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL

OMGoddess, I'm laughing really hard right now.

Okay first of all, making something illegal isn't going to do anything.

Laws are only good for those that follow them. So making a new law isn't going to all of a sudden get other people that already don't follow them to go: "Oh my goodness, it's illegal now. I shouldn't do that. I see my error now. I'm healed!!!"

Laughing my ass off right now.

CafeMom Tickers
SlapItHigh
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
No, alcoholics don't care.
HappyMommyToo
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I hope it helps, but all I feel I can do is pray.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I don't know...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN