Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Getting to Know You 5/16

Posted by   + Show Post
How long have you been on Cafemom? What made you join?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
splatz
by Sarah on May. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I don't *think* I ever disabled mine. So I'm sure its still floating around or something lol

Quoting MistressMinerva:

It does...lol I don't even have an account there anymore.

Quoting splatz:

Myspace seems like ages ago!

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I've been here 5 or 6 yrs and seen an Ad on Myspace

splatz
by Sarah on May. 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I've met some really amazing ladies over the years! Especially in my due date group with my youngest. :)

Quoting shortyshorts25:

i joined when i was pregnant with my oldest in 09 but ive had a few different accounts because ive stopped coming back on .. i wanted to have some mom friends especially because i become a sahm and wanted some friendships

splatz
by Sarah on May. 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh gosh... my luck would be I would end up meeting some loon too! I'm not too worried about finding any people local to me lol. 

Quoting AJ-47:

I'd originally joined CafeMom in January 2008. Saw an ad on myspace, thought it'd be a good place to make friends (online and/or off). My Son was about 7 months old, and I was a SAHM who didn't know anyone where I lived. Unfortunately, the one person I did meet (in person) turned out to be the ultimate loon, so I didn't try that again for a long time. I've since made a wonderful real life friend (met her on CM over two years ago), who recently invited my Son and I to come visit (she's about two hours away).

mcginnisc
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM

A long time... lol... I was on babycenter and saw an ad for CM. I was a new adoptive mom and looking for more moms to interact with online since I was pretty isolated due to attachment issues. I think it was fall of 07'. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

shortyshorts25
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM

ive only talked to one and we lost touch awhile ago.. id really like to make some mamma friends (lots going on with my current ones lol)

Quoting splatz:

I've met some really amazing ladies over the years! Especially in my due date group with my youngest. :)

Quoting shortyshorts25:

i joined when i was pregnant with my oldest in 09 but ive had a few different accounts because ive stopped coming back on .. i wanted to have some mom friends especially because i become a sahm and wanted some friendships

AJ-47
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM
lol, fortunately she was just one loon out of the three CMs I've met in person..but she was also the worst experience I've ever had with physically meeting online friends (and I've physically met A LOT of people from online). I actually met another mom in between Loon and the one that lives two hours away; she lives here in my town, and my Family and hers went trick-or-treating together the first time we met in person. It was great, but we eventually stopped talking. She kept inviting Us over at the last minute and we kept declining because we'd already had plans..so I guess things just fizzled after that - which sucks, as her youngest daughter and my Son hit it off. But I've had lots of good experiences from meeting online folks..the best being my husband! =]

Quoting splatz:

Oh gosh... my luck would be I would end up meeting some loon too! I'm not too worried about finding any people local to me lol. 

Quoting AJ-47:

I'd originally joined CafeMom in January 2008. Saw an ad on myspace, thought it'd be a good place to make friends (online and/or off). My Son was about 7 months old, and I was a SAHM who didn't know anyone where I lived. Unfortunately, the one person I did meet (in person) turned out to be the ultimate loon, so I didn't try that again for a long time. I've since made a wonderful real life friend (met her on CM over two years ago), who recently invited my Son and I to come visit (she's about two hours away).

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I don't know. It was years ago. I got something in the mail I think.

NikkiGross42
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Umm.. a few months. I joined to try to meet moms and make some friends. So far it hasnt worked..

Alta2008
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been a member since Jan. 2008, I seen it avertised on a site I was on and took a look at it, and it seem like something i would like. At first i found a few groups and tried it out, and there was so much drama, so I took a little break, and then came back and founds some great groups that have some ladies that I can relate to, and have made several good friends.... I also then got hooked on siggies... they are addicting.... so started making them, a great stress reliever for me.... I also lost my daughter and grandson in a car accident and the support and prayers from some great ladies have been a blessing for me... So Love Cafemom

Shaybay218
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Ive been on a few years now not too long maybe 2 yrs...I joined to connect and make friends with other moms...I stopped loggin in to take a break from it but I still think it's a great site

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN