Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I have a 9 month old baby boy. Sweetest lil guy ever. I work full time 47 hours a week.

Hes got a little cough so I took him to the doctor yesterday, hes fine, it'll pass. Nothing serious. (still praying like crazy)

Anways

Last night was the first time he wanted his grandmother and didnt want me. I think he was just hungry because as soon I gave him a bottle he was fine to sit with me. 

But this is my  mother in law so (if you understand) shes exploding it and saying oh he loves me more and blah blah blah and I just wanna SCREAM.

What do you do when your baby does this? Will it always be like this? She watches him while I work and I've been dreading this day. 

Help..

Love Momma

by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (11-12):
SlapItHigh
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM

None of my kids have ever done that but I'm a SAHM. I think it's totally normal for this to happen when a child has more than one regular caregiver. There are tons of studies showing that children benefit from having other family members who are regular caregivers (aunts, grandmas, cousins, friends, etc). So just remind yourself that is good for him and doesn't mean he loves you any less b

SlapItHigh
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Good points. 

Quoting splatz:

Its normal for kiddos that young to form a bond with frequent care takers.

She was a jerk to rub it in your face though. I'm sure it was hard enough to not be his first choice without her rubbing it in!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)