Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

2 months post partum problems

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
I gave birth to my first child two months ago, I've already talked to my dr about this who says it is normal but I feel like it should've healed by now.

I had a catheter during labor and ever since I had my daughter it hurts to pee. It feels like someone is pulling on my bladder just a hurting feeling. I can't seem to stop myself once I go. I know they say to do kegal exercises but shouldn't it not hurt anymore? I'm afraid my bladder is messed up. Has anyone experienced this, what happened in the end? Did it eventually go away?
by on May. 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I had a csection so I had a catheter for a day or so.. and after a day or so after it was taken out it felt normal again. I would definitely talk to your doctor again or try a different doctor.

shortyshorts25
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I had one too for a few days but once they took it out it didn't hurt to pee.. I agree with talking to your doc again.
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM
When I had despite and he was cesearean. I had a cath for a day and a half. After it was out it hurt the first couple times I peed but them was ok. Talk to the Dr again. Maybe call a urologist for a consultation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Same here but I had 3 csections and was back to normal once taken out

Quoting goddess99:

I had a csection so I had a catheter for a day or so.. and after a day or so after it was taken out it felt normal again. I would definitely talk to your doctor again or try a different doctor.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I would call a Urologist.

SlapItHigh
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I've had issues with my bladder after catheterizations in pregnancy but I've gone to the dr a bunch if times and they don't take it seriously. Maybe get a 2nd opinion.
splatz
by Sarah on May. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I agree on getting a second opinion if you feel like your dr is not helping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN