Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you confront a bully ?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 21 Replies

I was reading a Stir article about a mom who was arrested for assaulting an 11yo girl who was bullying and hitting her daughter.

In all honesty, if the school didnt do anything about it, I may want to talk to the kid myself, but I would never assault or lay hands on them.

Would you confront the child who was bullying/hitting your child, if the school did nothing about it? 

by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I'd confront the parents and discuss actions with the police. While I'd be tempted to talk to the little brat... Err, child... I wouldn't.
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

If the bully was right there yes I might ask them what their problem is? I wouldn't assult anyone. I would get the police involved.

whatmynameagain
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I eould talk to the parents and school, if nothing was resolved and it continued I would take it up with the police and file charges esp if my child was threatened or hurt. Bit as much as Id want to I would not touch the other child.
What kind of an example does that set for my kids if I turn into a bully?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I would, if the school proved it's self useless.

MansfieldMama
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM

As a teacher, I confront bullies all the time - verbally not physically.  Yes, if a child was bullying my child I would confront them if needed, however, I've taught my children to stand up for themselves (verbally), so hopefully I wouldn't need to.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Not the child but other means...

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I would.

MJP76
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Sure would.

Stelley
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I marched up to the top of the bleachers at our district stadium to tell a boy and a girl that if they didn't stop teasing and bothering my daughter, I would report them to the police for harrassment. 

We'd already involved the school and he'd stop bothering her for a bit and then start up again.  I let the band director know exactly what I'd done too.  Now the principal, crisis counselor, and band directors are monitoring him and his friends very closely.

letstalk747
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

i would

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN