Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

To use a leash or not to use a leash?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am beginning to see a lot more moms who have little ones with restraints/leashes on. I wonder if it is because of the warmer weather and more people are out and about.  I never really paid much attention until I seen several of them this weekend.

I can see the benefit of it, especially if you are out and there are a lot of people, but personally, I never used one.

Did you or do you use a restraint on your child when you are out in public?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (101-109):
rosiemarie
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Yes! been there done that.  It was a safety issue.  If i didn't put my little one in the "doggy pack" (as we called it) then we could not have brought y older one anywhere!

GunnyGirlTN
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 6:50 AM
This.

Also, I think it is pure laziness!!!

Quoting poohbearkfc:

My daughter is a child not an animal. So no never.
elishaw
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Although I haven't needed one with my daughter, leashes make perfect sense for children who are difficult when you are in parking lots or near streets. I would much rather know that my child isn't going to be hit by a vehicle even if it means they are on a leash. Children don't know the difference either way. I do have to say that it is NOT a replacement for parenting and teaching boundaries but it isn't bad to have the extra security.
SerenityBerry
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM

The only times I used them were when my oldest was little and we were going some where that it would be super crowded and busy where it is easy to get seperated or for a little one to swept off by the jostling of a crowd. So places like amusment parks, fairs, the mall during Christmas shopping season. 

I honestly don't know yet if I am going to use them any more frequently with the twins or not. I really don't think kids should be leashed anytime they venture into public so I doubt I will make it a habit. 

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM

No bc my child is not a dog!

lwalker270
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I never used a harness, but have absolutely no issue with parents using one.  IMO, it's no different than sticking them in a stroller or shopping cart.

mrsjksimmons
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I did when he was younger because he is very hyper and quite small for his age. Now he knows that if he doesn't listen, he is going to get a pop on the butt.

Karopie_99
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM
My children aren't dogs. I taught them to stay with an adult at all times
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
No way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN