Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Changes in Role after Birth

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:35 AM
  • 10 Replies

like straight after.

Another post got me thinking, how were you treated when you got out of hospital after having your bub/s? Were you looked after/waited on, or did everyone expect everything to be the same, with you doing everything around the house?

I was the latter, 2 days after getting out of hospital after my c-sections I was lifting baskets of washing out to the line, doing dishes, picking up after the kids, making beds, cooking dinner.

by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mel0dy
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM

MySO treated me like a queen for the first week. it was our first baby and he didnt know what to do with himself. It was super cute :) 

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on May. 21, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Everything was pretty much back to the same ol' thing with the exception of I take a nap after dinner while dh takes care of the kids.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM

The latter unfortunately.

amberk22
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM

My SO wouldn't let me do anything after my c-section! It was very sweet but at the same time, I was going crazy not working!

DanaG70
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I pretty much went back to doing what I'd always did a couple days after birth, but then I didn't have time to sit around, especially after my 4th child. Although when I had my first I did take it easy, per doctors orders, first child was 9lbs 6oz vaginal birth.

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

My dh helped but he did not understand why I could not do everything I had been doing!

TeenMommyof1b1g
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:02 PM

With my first, I wasn't waited on, but I wasn't doing as much as normal, because it took so much longer to do everything. With my second I was doing everything I normally did the day I came home.

SlapItHigh
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I had a homebirth. Family and friends came by to help me out in the days and weeks following birth. They brought me food, came and folded my laundry, Etc.
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM

My husband and mom helped but I have an issue with letting others do my stuff so I was cleaning and doing lots of the norm the day after baby was born. They kept telling me to rest but I had a lot to do and didn't let them handle it. 

Mi wish I could take more help but I wasn't good at it with any of the 3. I also felt great though, I was taking my 1st to the park alone when my second was only a couple days old and I was after Christmas shopping with my 3rd when he was 2 days. 

kss12
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Dh babied me... And the baby :) for my own sanity, when ds was not attached to my boob I WANTED to get up and do household stuff. Although I was tired, I felt a sense of accomplishment cleaning 3 plates and putting them away. BUT there were days where I did absolutely nothing, dh would make sure I was ok and he would do those things. Or I'd tell him not to so I could do them when I felt up for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)