Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How old is too old to see mommy nude.....

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 17 Replies
My husband and I was talking about another post that involved a much older child seeing his parents naked. My husband then stated that our 18mth old son was already to old to be seeing me nude. I just laughed but he was serious. I guess I hadn't really thought about it. He's still so little. I certainly don't go prancing around in front of him, but he sees me when I get in and out of the shower. Husband said it would be different if DS was girl and had same anatomy. What do you think?
by on May. 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
uknowsexic
by on May. 21, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I personally fall into a different group on this question.. My children and I are nudiest... So I feel as long as every things properly done (talking to children and answering questions) there's any age... You're his mom... For Pete's sake he came outta ya... I think Americans make to big a deal outta being naked... They need to realized naked and sex are two different things... And at your sons age how do you hide nudity when kids won't even leave you alone to take a both or shower?
MichelleMc
by on May. 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM

2 for sure, but I would slowly start about now, at 18 months to not make it common practice. 

Knightquester
by on May. 21, 2013 at 5:44 PM

lol, I doubt it'll matter at 18 months.  It never did at least for my son who would walk right in when I was bathing and chat with me as if whatever I was doing was no biggie.

When my son was little I didn't make the human body into some perverse thing.  We talked about where people should not touch, and proper names of body parts, but it wasn't gross and at that age sex is not on his mind.  Now, my son is 8 going on 9 and he knows to knock, but this is something we started instilling on him when he started going to the bathroom on his own (around age 2) and then we really enforced it when he started bathing on his own (around age 5).  He is older and knows what privacy is, and modesty, but he didn't really gather that as a toddler, nor did he really care back then as he does now.

Me, I'm just too modest to begin with to walk around naked, but my mom would run around naked all the time when I was younger and I had two brothers (older and younger).  Neither of them grew up weird, and as my brothers reached around my sons age my mom started becoming more modest.

MJP76
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM

My kids don't blink at me being naked. My husband on the other hand has never pranced around naked in front of the kids. I stopped letting my boys see me naked when they were about 7/8. My daughter is 16 and still barges in my bathroom when I'm in the shower or whatnot.

TimetoMomUp
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I hadn't thought about it but I guess when it embarrasses them.  My daughter is almost six and I am pretty sure she does not even notice when I am naked.  My son is almost two.  When it starts to embarrass them, then I guess they are too old.  I will say that I am 30, my Mom is 50, and sometime we change in front of each other and it doesn't phase either of us. 

CrossStitchMum
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:26 AM

I used to have great conversations with my mum when she was in the shower lol. I was about 10, and probably the only chance we got to talk in private. Im not worried about my kids seeing me naked, but Im getting a bit more mindful of it as DS gets older (he is 4) and DH begrudgingly realised it was time to wear shorts all the time about 2 years ago when our eldest DD got to the same age. Not that the kids have the same worries, I have trouble getting them dressed :P

mumamy
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I think when they are teens or if before this if they are uncomfortable then its no longer appropriate.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I don't think it's an issue at 18 months.  My son was much older before I started to worry about that

TheDoctorsWife
by on May. 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

When DS asked if his wee-wee would fall off like mine did when he grows up and asked what the black spots were on my "no wee-wee".

momof3jam
by on May. 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM

About 3. At that age they really don't care if things "match" and aren't really aware of their own junk yet lol!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)