Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is it ok to kill the first? :)

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you do when you find the first fly, spider or wasp inside?

Options:

Get the fly swatter

Let it live

Try to shoo it outside

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

I found the first fly in my house today. At first I thought about getting the fly swatter out, but then my daughter said that it was wrong to kill the firts fly of the year! :) What do u do when u find the first fly or wasp or spider? :)

by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeenMommyof1b1g
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Depends... I squish everything... First or last... Although if one of my babies was to tell me to not do it, I'd get it to go outside.

Stinee
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Haha, you squish everything? Sounds harsh;) Do u use fly swatter or kleenex?

Quoting TeenMommyof1b1g:

Depends... I squish everything... First or last... Although if one of my babies was to tell me to not do it, I'd get it to go outside.

TeenMommyof1b1g
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Whatever I have handy lol. Shoe, toilet paper, swatter, raid (if the babies aren't near me & I open a window asap if I do that) Just not a fan of creepy crawlies in the house =)

Quoting Stinee:

Quoting TeenMommyof1b1g:

Stinee
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Can you squish a spider in toilet paper!? I hate that crunch!!

Quoting TeenMommyof1b1g:

Whatever I have handy lol. Shoe, toilet paper, swatter, raid (if the babies aren't near me & I open a window asap if I do that) Just not a fan of creepy crawlies in the house =)

Quoting Stinee:

Quoting TeenMommyof1b1g:

TeenMommyof1b1g
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM

So do I, although if it gets rid of it then I can handle the 2 second crunch lmao. 

Quoting Stinee:

Can you squish a spider in toilet paper!? I hate that crunch!!

Quoting TeenMommyof1b1g:

Quoting Stinee:

Quoting TeenMommyof1b1g:

butterbean491
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I have a major fear of spiders, so yes they are dead if they even think of coming inside. I used to be so scared that I would yell for someone else to kill them. Now, I'm scared to death they will get to my baby. So, I kill them myself. I am such a baby about it. I have to use a fly swatter or something long enough so I don't have to get close. I have found that hairspray works good too. Just spray the crap out of it then scoop it up and flush. Only problem with that is have to mop the floor to get hairspray up. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I would kill it.
Stinee
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM

with fly swatter?

Quoting Janet:

I would kill it.

shortyshorts25
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I am deathly afraid of spiders!! My girls are to the point now if they see one they will just look at it and say spidaaa .. I still ask my dh to kill them for me lol.. like the other night I was stuck on the bathroom til he killed the creepy spider on the door so I could get out lol .. I do kill them myself but I hate it! Lol

Quoting butterbean491:

I have a major fear of spiders, so yes they are dead if they even think of coming inside. I used to be so scared that I would yell for someone else to kill them. Now, I'm scared to death they will get to my baby. So, I kill them myself. I am such a baby about it. I have to use a fly swatter or something long enough so I don't have to get close. I have found that hairspray works good too. Just spray the crap out of it then scoop it up and flush. Only problem with that is have to mop the floor to get hairspray up. 

CrossStitchMum
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Spray it! Spray it! Spray it! Im too chicken to get any closer lol, but the fear of my babies getting bitten is bigger so I stand a meter back and use half a can of bug spray LOL (spiders and bitey things that is)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN