Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you think this is Possible?

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

So Yesterday I was texting with my Sister in Law, (who is due any day now with her second child) She was telling me how she was given the ok to try for a VBAC. Which i thought, good for her! Hopefully she can do it, 'Cause I know how much she wants to have it natural. 

And as much as would love to try for the same, if my Husband and I were to get pregnant again, it kinda scares me that- because i had a C-Section with my first,that I have missed out on natural birth and  that immidiate bond with her as soon as she came out. My daughter and I have a really tight bond, and I love her to pieces.... but I'm afraid that if I were to give birth vaginally the sencond time, that, that would make the bond with that child even tighter than the bond that I have with my Daughter....

Do you think this is possible? Has this happened to any of you moms? 

by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PinkButterfly66
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I think your fears are unfounded.  You will love your next child as much as your first regardless of how he/she is born.

mumamy
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I think it could be possible to look back and say, this birth was more enjoyable vs the first etc...or the other way around (and there is nothing wrong with that) but you wont love or bond with your child more or less than the other because of they way you gave birth to them.

splatz
by Sarah on May. 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I totally agree. That would be like saying you would love a child less that you adopted than one you gave birth to.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

No, I think your fears are unfounded.  You will love your next child as much as your first regardless of how he/she is born.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on May. 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I am very bonded with my son & he is a c section. We are very close even to this day, at 18. 

I know someone that did have a vaginal birth after a c section because she believed all the hype about it afterward, it was the worse of the two births. There was no more or less bonding, no less or more love, no less or more with the child. But actually, she is more in "sync" with the first child, but she totally doesn't believe it has anything to do with the births, its the personalities. Of course she loves them the same, just the personalities are different. 

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I had a csection and my dd and I are Very close, I don't think our bond would be stronger just because she came out of a different opening. lol

Mom2hjs
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Haha... I know that was stupid... whether or not it made a difference I would still go with the c section again... even if I got the ok for a v bac. By the way my sister in law is having her baby today! Talked to my brother and the drs decided it was too risky so they went for the c section. Hope everything went well.
shortyshorts25
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM
My oldest was a csection my youngest is a vaginal birth ..I have a special connection with both of them ..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)