Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do you do with

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 36 Replies

all the stuffed animals your children accumulate over the years?  My kids have a TON of them and besides a few sentimental ones, I want to get rid of them all.  Any ideas?  I'd love to donate them but I know most places only accept new ones.  I'm drowning in stuffed animals over here!

by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on May. 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I donate them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonkeysGrammy
by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I had the nets that attach to the ceiling for my boys. They go up kind of like a hammock and I would just throw all of the animals up there. Luckily for me as the boys got older they started giving their girlfriends the ones that were "important" and that stream lined a lot for me!

Bonez 8-3-91 Bear 4-13-94 Stinky 9-26-97
kissing dad       bear with heart      ninja

butterbean491
by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Goodwill. Salvation Army.  Sometimes police or fire stations will to give children in tense situations if they are in nice condition. 

Sunshine201
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM

This.

Quoting butterbean491:

Goodwill. Salvation Army.  Sometimes police or fire stations will to give children in tense situations if they are in nice condition. 

Shaybay218
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I took mine to children who are in hospitals or homes

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be a great teaching tool if you boxed them up and sent them to Moore, OK. I'm waiting for an address of a close friend who is collecting needed items and passing them out. Stuffed animals would be great for the little ones there.

My kids still have all their stuff animals some of them are boxed for when they have kids but they still a lot of them in their rooms. An my kids are 12 and 14.

Quoting AhDrah:

all the stuffed animals your children accumulate over the years?  My kids have a TON of them and besides a few sentimental ones, I want to get rid of them all.  Any ideas?  I'd love to donate them but I know most places only accept new ones.  I'm drowning in stuffed animals over here!

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Goodwill and Salvation Army will not take stuff animals or toys any more. Good idea on police and fire station.

Quoting butterbean491:

SlapItHigh
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Mine don't have very many.
SlapItHigh
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

So I don't do anything with them, lol.

MJP76
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I've always just thrown them out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN