Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Can I DO....

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

I finally finished breastfeeding my baby. My breasts hurt and are really hard. Eveyone tells me to take hot showers, put cabbage on them, wrap them tight, but nothing is working. They don't leak and I don't know if it's normal. I am thinking of calling my doctor, but I don't feel sick and I'm not running a fever, so I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?

Keep Moving Foward -Walt Disney

by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rfhsure
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

try hand expressing until they're relieved

JasonsMom2007
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
The best way is to cut down on feedings slowly so you don't get mastitis. hand express, don't wrap them. And if you get a fever go to the doctor. I've heard of cabbage leaves too.
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Did you stop gradually?

my4loves4
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I do beleive the doctor can prescribe something to help dry up, so its worth giving them a call. And hand expressing does help some. Just while in hot shower, rub to try and get some to come out. Good luck!

Snowl
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Antihistamines, I think, help dry up breast milk. It's been 17 years since I stopped LOL

Call your OB and ask what to do. I agree breastfeeding needs to be stopped gradually or else it hurts like a you-know-what. 

Twilight26
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I did cut back to one feeding a day and then I stopped that. I massage my breast when I take a shower but it seems that only one is actually releasing some in the shower but the other is not. It's getting fustrating. 

Quoting Janet:

Did you stop gradually?

Keep Moving Foward -Walt Disney

momof2bears04
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Take benadryl and stuff cabbage leaves in your bra. Turn your back to the shwr that stimulates milk
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Contact Laleche league , Google them. They will know what you should do.

Quoting Twilight26:

I did cut back to one feeding a day and then I stopped that. I massage my breast when I take a shower but it seems that only one is actually releasing some in the shower but the other is not. It's getting fustrating. 

Quoting Janet:

Did you stop gradually?

Twilight26
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I greatly appreciate everyone's. Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)