Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should I, or shouldn't I?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

I want to throw my babies birthday parties together. Seeing as their birthdays are only 15

days apart. My little girl will turn 3 March 5th and my little boy will be 1 February 18. I wasn't

going to try to get away with it forever, just as long as they'd let me lol. There's plenty of cute

"unisex" birthday stuff. I just figured it'd be easier on me, the kids & everyone else (including

our bank account lol). Just having one, a week after his & a week before hers. Instead of two

15 days apart... I know I've got a while to worry about it yet. I just wasn't sure if I should or

not. 

by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reava
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I would since they are so little. I'm guessing you will have the same people at both parties anyway. I can't imagine anyone will care.
EmilyG10
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I would. My sister and I always had ours together, we're a year and 4 days apart. Then young enough to not have it bother them.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I would if money was tight or if people who would attend both are out of town or if I knew money was tight for others.

JasonsMom2007
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
At those ages I sure would!
Nikaniko
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I'd do it together they are still young. Do it while you can until they start voicing complaints ;-)

MJP76
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I don't see a problem with it. I have a cousin that I am 5 days older than her, when we were kids we always had a party together. That's stopped around the age of 12. And then when we came of age (18) we would go out and celebrate together... Only until about the age of 22 though...lol

shortyshorts25
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM

i do my girls parties together ( 2 and 3) my aunt always did my cousin's together boy and girl.. their birthdays are july 8th and 9th.. 

lovehimforever
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
we do with my step children. ones birthday is April 8th the other is on the 22nd. we do them together. we even get one cake and have half decorated for him and the other half for her. they are 5 and 6
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterbean491
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree. They are little and don't know the difference yet. I would save some time and money and just do it together. I would still do the special things for them. Maybe let 3yr old pick out  big cake, and let 1yr old have smash cake. I love seeing little ones dive into their 1st bday cake. 

2monstersmommy
by on May. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My boys are 1 year and 9 days apart! :)

They are 3 and 4 now, and I have thrown their parties together all 3 years. The hardest part for me is not giving in when the first bithday comes around, and be patient and wait for party day!

This year I blew it!

On the oldest's birthday he got his big present, and the youngest got a new movie, and I made a cake. Then they had their party day, and got a ton of stuff, and on the lil ones bday, He got His big gift, and the oldest got a new movie, and we made a cake.

I also decorated the night before the oldest's bday to go crepe paper crazy and decorate my house in the oldes's favorite color. I left it up until I had to change it for the party, and left those deco's up until 2 days before baby's bday! I wanted him to know when He woke up on His birthday, that those decorations were just for him! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN