Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I letting bullying win

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter has been going to the same school since kindergarten. Her kindergarten year was uneventful. Along came first grade, that is when the bullying started. She got baptized and some kids told her that they would not play with because she was baptized and wore a cross necklace. That was towards the end of the year. She wanted to go to our home school since we lived out of district. I had it all set up for her to go to school there for 3rd grade and her dad talked her in to saying at the other school. So hoping that 3rd grade would be different, I let her try it again. Well it was not different the bullying got even worst. There are 3 kids that are doing the bullying. I tried to talk to one of the mothers privately and she told me that she had a busy day and that she did not have time for crap like this. The 2 other kids I have gone to the principal and he says he talks to them, but no good has came from it. One little boy has told my daughter that he wants to have sex with her and when my daughter tried to tell the teacher she was told that she was only trying to get him into trouble and that she was lying. But the principal just sits by and lets this happen. The other day one the little girls got up in my daughters face and said “why are you lying on me” my daughter came home scared and crying. I talked to her again about going to our home school. She said that she wanted to go to the new school. I finally got my husband on board with letting her go to the new school. My question is am I doing the right thing by having her change schools or am I teaching her to run from her problems?

Photobucket
by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I would bring all this up in a meeting/phone call/or email to the school's superintendent. See what he/she has to say. I'm assuming school year is almost done? The superintendent might let her have the rest of the year off and over the summer you can decide what to do. But the Super. should know you feel as though the teacher says she's lying and the principal doesn't seem to have a handle on the bullies.

MichelleMc
by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would continue following up on the bullying, the teachers lack of follow up, the principal dare saying I talked to them but it does no good ( um, hello, zero tolerence, send them home! ) and the superintendent & school board. HOWEVER, as I say that, yes yes yes GO ON to the other school. It isn't letting the bullies win & discuss it with your daughter that you aren't giving up or giving in, however, for her safety & happiness, you are moving on. I have seen what years of bullying &  not moving on with kids & teachers that don't care/let it happen can do to a child, it is HORRIBLE. It changes the child.

I mean 3rd grade & I want to have sex with you? Girl getting in her face? Mother saying I don't have time for this crap? Yeah, it is going to get worse & worse, on top of a teacher saying you are just trying to get him in trouble?? Excuse me? And the principals comments??? No. Move on, but don't let it die off either. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I agree!

Quoting MichelleMc:

I would continue following up on the bullying, the teachers lack of follow up, the principal dare saying I talked to them but it does no good ( um, hello, zero tolerence, send them home! ) and the superintendent & school board. HOWEVER, as I say that, yes yes yes GO ON to the other school. It isn't letting the bullies win & discuss it with your daughter that you aren't giving up or giving in, however, for her safety & happiness, you are moving on. I have seen what years of bullying &  not moving on with kids & teachers that don't care/let it happen can do to a child, it is HORRIBLE. It changes the child.

I mean 3rd grade & I want to have sex with you? Girl getting in her face? Mother saying I don't have time for this crap? Yeah, it is going to get worse & worse, on top of a teacher saying you are just trying to get him in trouble?? Excuse me? And the principals comments??? No. Move on, but don't let it die off either. 

HappyMommyToo
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Definitely agree

Quoting MichelleMc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)