Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Summer with a newborn?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of things to do in the summer that you can do with a newborn, I love being outside i spent 90% of  last summer at the lake. My daughters now 3 weeks old and i've been home with her and was hoping for some ideas of what to do to keep myself from going crazy being inside all the time.

by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I had my baby in the dead of summer but we still did stuff outside. I just made sure she was always completely shaded.

butterbean491
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I'm fixing to find out. I'm due next month. I had my son in October. That presents problem with it being cold and flu season. I stayed lock in house for months. I can remember when my sister was born. She was born in July and we went to the beach for a week in August. We just took extra precaution to keep her shaded and cool. Just be careful about putting any chemicals on her. I used sunscreen on DS way before Dr said I could. I didn't realize it was an issue. I thought I was doing something good by making sure he didn't get sunburned. Thankfully he didn't have any reactions to it. Avon makes a sunscreen and insect repellent that is safe for young children , contains no deet. Just not sure if its safe for newborns.
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM

You can do things you just have to be very careful with them. Keep the baby shaded.

mommy2013820
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

honestly im not for sure on that cause im having a baby in the summer and i dont know how thats going to go with a new born theres not much i can think of any advice??

emmasmom2013
by on May. 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I guess keeping her shaded would work but still don't know how I could do anything I don't want friends and family to not have fun so they can help with my baby. We all go camping and boating and where I live its 100+ and humid in the summer so I'm worried about the heat plus my doctor said mo sunscreen until she's 6 months. 

momofsunshine77
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
find a paved trail and walk with her in the stroller.
SeabeeWife2011
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
You're not supposed to put anything on a newborn's skin. If you do go outside, hats and long clothing for your little one :)

My son will be 6 months in July and I can't wait to get him in our pool.....yes, I'm going to be in the pool with him.

Quoting butterbean491:

I'm fixing to find out. I'm due next month. I had my son in October. That presents problem with it being cold and flu season. I stayed lock in house for months. I can remember when my sister was born. She was born in July and we went to the beach for a week in August. We just took extra precaution to keep her shaded and cool. Just be careful about putting any chemicals on her. I used sunscreen on DS way before Dr said I could. I didn't realize it was an issue. I thought I was doing something good by making sure he didn't get sunburned. Thankfully he didn't have any reactions to it. Avon makes a sunscreen and insect repellent that is safe for young children , contains no deet. Just not sure if its safe for newborns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)