Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Nervous

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

So This weekend we are finally moving to a house. I am so excited, but at the same time very nervous.

Now we live in a two bedroom apartment, moving into a 5 bedroom house in another town. As much as I complain about the apartment, its the place ive called home for so long. My best friend lives just down the hall, so at night after the kids are in bed, her hubby watches the kids so we can have girl time until my hubby gets home from work. No more of that after the move :( My mom just lives two blocks away, so shes always able to help. After the move, not as much of that. The town we're moving to is so small, it dosent even have a grocery store. So instead of walking a block to get milk that i forgot, I'll have to pack up both kids to drive 15 minutes to get it. My husband is in the military, so at least once a month, sometimes more, I will be home alone for at least 2 days in this huge house. (I'm a scardy cat lol) Trying to remind myself that moving is a good thing, finally the kids get there own rooms, even a playroom. Hubby gets his man cave hes always wanted. And I get space, to not trip over something every time I turn around. But its still scary! I feel like im leaving moms house agian for the first time lol. i'm just scared i'm going to get lonley and regret it.

by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
villagemamma
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I just went through the same thing back in aug. We moved from out 3 bed apartment into a 4 bedroom house. It is a beautiful house and i love it but we had TONS of friends within our apartment complex and everything was so convenient. But after a while i began really enjoying the space that i got from having the house. Plus the washer and dryer were a life saver lol

SlapItHigh
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Hope it all works out!
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Aww you'll get used to the new place. It's exciting =)

splatz
by Sarah on May. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Moving is always scary and exciting! I'm moving this weekend too. We are going from a 2 bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom townhouse. We will have twice the space. I'm not looking forward to twice as much space for the kids to mess up! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Lol thats deff something I'm looking forward to. Not having to rember to get quarters everytime i need to do laundry

Quoting villagemamma:

I just went through the same thing back in aug. We moved from out 3 bed apartment into a 4 bedroom house. It is a beautiful house and i love it but we had TONS of friends within our apartment complex and everything was so convenient. But after a while i began really enjoying the space that i got from having the house. Plus the washer and dryer were a life saver lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)