Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm going nuts

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm going nuts with potty training my son!!!! Any tips ladies?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on May. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM
How old is he?

Sometimes it just takes letting the child do it on their own time. My oldest was horrible to potty train.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyG10
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM

He's 2 1/2

Quoting splatz:

How old is he?

Sometimes it just takes letting the child do it on their own time. My oldest was horrible to potty train.

splatz
by Sarah on May. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
He is still pretty young. My daughter is the same age. I'm just letting her lead with potty training. Sometimes she does great. Other days are not so great. I just don't push it.
He has plenty of time to figure it out. Don't stress out!

Quoting EmilyG10:

He's 2 1/2

Quoting splatz:

How old is he?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oscarsmom70
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM

The non-profit I work for has some great tips on their website - here's the link http://bit.ly/14Ppkhj

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he's just not ready yet, my dd was 4 before she was ready and then it was super easy.

butterbean491
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM

My 18mth old isnt quite there yet, but I worked in a daycare for a few years.  We would do anything to make it fun for them. Our favorite was to drop a few cheerios in the potty and let them target practice. My husband said he potty trained my step son by letting him go on the tires of his truck or off the porch. We live in the country, so its nothing to see a grown man doing that...lol. Good luck. I'm sure I will be just as frustated in a months. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I agree. They are all different. He may not be ready.

Quoting splatz:

He is still pretty young. My daughter is the same age. I'm just letting her lead with potty training. Sometimes she does great. Other days are not so great. I just don't push it.
He has plenty of time to figure it out. Don't stress out!

Quoting EmilyG10:

He's 2 1/2

Quoting splatz:

How old is he?

anj2mom
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I'm not even attempting that with ds. He's the same age. I do plan on taking.my time with him bc i heard boys take longer. Dd was done at 3yrs 3 mos. With her i used stickers when she'd go pee cuz she was into them. A dollar store gift for poo. GL
Alta2008
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Just need a lot of patients and let him go at his speed, I had 2 girls and then 2 boys, and the boys were harder...LOL Good Luck.... :)

OliviasMommy611
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Agreed. My dd was 2 but they all start at different ages.

Quoting goddess99:

Maybe he's just not ready yet, my dd was 4 before she was ready and then it was super easy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN