Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

1st night away from mommy....

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 9 Replies
Well, its been 18 mths and this is the first night I have every been away from my DS. I'm sure he is fine. He loves being with his Nana and Papaw. My DH and I decided it would be a good idea to get him comfortable with staying overnight with his grandparents. Little sister is due in just a few more weeks. He will have to stay with grandparents while DH and I are at hospital. I sure don't want him to be scared. So, I thought it would be a good idea to see how he will do before he has to stay for a couple night in a row. Of course, grandparent have wanted him to stay overnight for a while. DH and I let him go spend time with them but never overnight. We both have a thing about wanting our baby home with us at night. I'll just be honest, I don't know that I'll sleep tonight. He's my little snuggle bear. I guess he will snuggle with Nana tonight.
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Aww I hope he has a good night.

TheDoctorsWife
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

How did he do?

Alta2008
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Awww I'm sure he will have a good time with them... good idea to do it a couple times before you have to go to the hospital.... I remember my sister-in-law never left her children with anyone, and when she gave birth to her last one, we kept the kids for 5 days she has some trouble and was in the hospital a little longer, anyway I could not get him to eat, it was the second day and I was getting worried... I talked to her and she said to pull out the beannies and weannies, so I made some baked beans and cut up hotdogs in them, oh my that kids ate and ate, after that we were good, but she learned her lesson she has them spend the night with a few family members every now and then so they are use to it in case of an emergency.... :) so your doing a good thing and he is going to love being spoiled by grandma and grandpa... :)

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I'm sure he will have a good night with nana.

splatz
by Sarah on May. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Aww its always hard to leave them. DS was that age when I got married and he spent my wedding night with his Aunt. It was hard to not worry about him all night!
DD is 2 1/2 and hasn't been away from me at night yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HappyMommyToo
by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Hang in there.
Steph103
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Yeah my daughter has never left my husband or I to stay the night any where or even just to hang out. We are always around her. She hates being around people who wanna pick her up. I'm fine with it though. My daughter is 20 months and we will have her little sister in late july or early august. I don't know what we're gonna do.

youtab
by on May. 27, 2013 at 6:20 AM

hope he ll bo ok.

KRIZZ25
happy fall y'all...
Today at 12:53 PM
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM
he will be ok..u injoy ur self .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)