Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm new here!

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi everyone, 

Just signed up, and looking forward to chatting with you folks!  

I'm the proud mommy of two boys - 11 and 6 years old.  It is amazing watching them grow up -especially now that they are grappling with things that I remember dealing with at their ages.  

My oldest (I call him Roni online) is in fifth grade and loves swimming and making things (especially costumes). He just trained for and participated in a mini triathalon!  Our biggest challenge with him is school: he really doesn't like it, and it is a constant struggle to get him to remember his homework, let alone do it.  We'd like to homeschool, but for a bunch of reasons it isn't possible for us right now.  Meanwhile, we're trying to help him navigate the school system, while leaving time for his many creative pursuits.

My youngest, Jeremy (again, his online name...) is in kindergarten. He would be in first grade this year, but he was near the cut-off and we decided to wait another year before jumping into first grade. He's curious, stubborn, and loves to color and to play with his stuffed animals.  When he was three he developed a very difficult kidney condition called fsgs (with nephrotic syndrome) and was very sick for a couple of years.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with .  We are very lucky - his illness has been in remission for the past two years, and he's off all medication.  He's also on a gluten free diet - we're not sure that that is what did the trick, but it seems to be helping with other things as well (he used to have tons of ear infections and asthma, and they have both improved tremendously on a gluten free diet).  I'm also gluten free because of him, and it has done wonders for me as well.

When Roni was in preschool, he was obsessed with superheros and played endless war games with his friends.  A moment of inspiration  (desperation?) led me to collaborate with a friend on a children's book series called The Incredibly Empowering Adventures of the Supercubs - in hopes of providing my kids with a "kindler, gentler" alternative to the usual superhero fare.  It took several years, but have finally finished the first book (on kindle). 

I blog (someties) at Emparenting and am looking forward to meeting other moms!

www.emparenting.com

by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
WifeyMommy2011
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Welcome! I have a 2 year old son and I'm married. We live in Wisconsin. Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job with your boys!
emparentingmom
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Hi WifeyMommy - thanks!  Great to meet you!

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM

photo Welcometothegroup_zps162261f0.gif

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Hi welcome to the group.

emparentingmom
by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone!!

splatz
by Sarah on May. 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emparentingmom
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN