Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

May 27, 2013 is Sun Screen Day

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 6 Replies
May 27, 2013 is

Sun Screen Day

Today is Sun Screen Day! With summer on the horizon, you are probably starting to spend more time outdoors. It is essential to wear sunscreen to protect your body from the harmful effects of the sun.

Sunlight consists of ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B rays, both of which are harmful to humans. UVA rays cause suppression of the immune system, which has a negative impact on the body's ability to protect against the development and spread of skin cancer. UVB rays cause a sunburn to occur, which can also lead to the development of skin cancer.

There are more than 1 million cases of skin cancer diagnosed in the United States each year. To minimize your risk, wear sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun — even on non-sunny days. Sunscreen should be applied 15 to 30 minutes before going outside and should be reapplied every two hours or after swimming. Even if you do not typically burn from the sun, your skin is still at risk from the harmful UV rays.

Sun Screen Day is a good reminder to make sure you apply and reapply your sun screen whenever you go outside!

by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM

We always have several different sunblocks here.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Yes, it is very important.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I should use it but I don't.

jbirdsladie27
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
It is sun screen day every day here
CampClan
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I have a facial lotion I put on every morning that has it! I have given my ds's daycare (where I work) sunscreen & written permission to apply (gave it a month ago) but I know they have not applied it yet. I guess I'm going to have to do it myself every morning when I clock in & ask that he be sent to me after nap so I can reapply.
MySweetChild
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM
We always wear it! I never used to, I tan so easily but I also dont want to age my skin so quickly. I usually wear 15 or 30. And put 55 on DD.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN