Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

technology

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
I was thinking about getting my 2 year old a leap pad 2 for her 3rd birthday. Should i? I am deffenatly one of those mothers who is against technology dependants in children, but her cousins have one and she loved it. Idk. She's only three is this age to impressionable will I be sending the wrong message?
by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I think that's a great gift. She'd be so excited.

EmilyG10
by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM

There a great learning tool.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM

It is great for learning.

Knightquester
by on May. 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM

If you have issues with technology then monitor her time on it.  Put it up high in a certain place and let her know she can have it for a set amount of time in a day if she meets certain requirements you set that you know she can accomplish.  She will then view it as a treat to play it and something she has to earn.  

In any case three isn't too young for one.  I never cared for them nor did any of my kids who preferred the computer over the leap pad, so we donated ours to a friend of mine who had two young ones, and they made good use of it.

rhiannonaisling
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Get it for her birthday because she will be sooooo thrilled but make it a treat. You know. For example if one of her jobs is to put her toys away then maybe she gets 10 minutes if she puts them all away properly or if she is still potty training then make it a "potty toy" which is what one of my friends had to do with her kindle fire to get her daughter to go on the potty.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I think because it's actually something that she can learn from and learn in a good way it would be fine.

SlapItHigh
by on May. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I probably wouldn't buy one but wouldn't be against it if someone gave it as a gift.  You should do what you feel is best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN