Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Best place in Florida...

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi there, I don't know if this is the right board to ask but if you've been to a Florida beach where is the best place for a family to visit?? We have taken our boys (5&8) to Clearwater, Florida this year and last year and loved it but we have seen it all and want to go somewhere different. I thoguht about St. Petersburg and even saw this resort called Tradewinds but it got such mixed reviews that I stopped looking at it. Also it's close to Clearwater so I wanted to go somewhere totally different. We like to swim and hang out at the beach. We like an area where we can walk to everything b/c we'd only be taking a cab from airport to hotel and don't want to rent a car. We've gotten kind of spoiled in the past 2 years in Clearwater because of the resort we stayed in. It was absolutely beautiful, champagne or mimosos while checking in, cute little decorated beach buckets for the kids, pool/bar waiters taking your orders at your chair by the pool/beach.. We don't mind spending $300-$400 a night unless there is something similar that's cheaper!! We've been to Disney more times than I wish so I'd like to stay away from anything Disney oriented and we don't like cruises. We did one one time and it wasn't for us. Thanks!

by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Bump for someone who lives in FL and can help you more.

MansfieldMama
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Destin

wexfordmom
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quoting wexfordmom:

Hi there, I don't know if this is the right board to ask but if you've been to a Florida beach where is the best place for a family to visit?? We have taken our boys (5&8) to Clearwater, Florida this year and last year and loved it but we have seen it all and want to go somewhere different. I thoguht about St. Petersburg and even saw this resort called Tradewinds but it got such mixed reviews that I stopped looking at it. Also it's close to Clearwater so I wanted to go somewhere totally different. We like to swim and hang out at the beach. We like an area where we can walk to everything b/c we'd only be taking a cab from airport to hotel and don't want to rent a car. We've gotten kind of spoiled in the past 2 years in Clearwater because of the resort we stayed in. It was absolutely beautiful, champagne or mimosos while checking in, cute little decorated beach buckets for the kids, pool/bar waiters taking your orders at your chair by the pool/beach.. We don't mind spending $300-$400 a night unless there is something similar that's cheaper!! We've been to Disney more times than I wish so I'd like to stay away from anything Disney oriented and we don't like cruises. We did one one time and it wasn't for us. Thanks!

Hotel/resort recommendations, if any, please!!!! :)

EmilyG10
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM

St Augustine is great, A lot of history there.

jbirdsladie27
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Ocala, but I'm partial LOL
SlapItHigh
by on May. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Three of my favorite places to visit in Florida are:

Sanibel Island

Destin Beach

St Augustine

In that order :)

ToolArmy066
by on May. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I live in hollywood, so hollywood beach??
splatz
by Sarah on May. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Sarasota is absolutely beautiful! The beaches there are so nice. There are quite a few things to do there for kids. My son really enjoyed the aquarium. Not super far from Venice beach which is an awesome place to find Sharks teeth.

I can't remember the place we stayed last time we went to visit. I believe it was off of Siesta Key. It was right off the beach and they had a pool. There are several all around there though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jstarrw4
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I live on the east coast of Florida, Cocoa Beach is where I was born.That being said I adore the west coast. I am absolutely dying to go to Siesta Key. I love our beaches but there is a huge difference between here and the west coast. Also the Keys are beautiful just don't go to Key West, that is more for adults looking to party. We also have some of the most amazing springs too. In fact we are going to one called Rock Springs tomorrow for Father's Day. It's in Orange county about 45 minutes from Disney. Get online and do so research, this state has a lot to offer. Good luck!
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:17 AM
My favorites? Siesta Keys and Fort Meyers Beach. Fort Meyers is nice because there is a trolley that you can take down town and back. I loved it there and went many many times in my school years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)