Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Going for It!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

I've been wanting to do party planning for awhile.  I have a friend that has offered to pay me to plan her daughters 3 year olds birthday party.  I even think I've figured out how to do the billing, I currently work in a law office and I sorta like the way they have the billing set up.  They take a set retainer fee and that is what is used for billing at first.  They cfharge per hour but not always for the entire hour.  Say they take a phone call from you and you speak to them for 15 minutes.  They would then charge you for .25 of an hour.  Once the retainer is used up, then you start getting bills.  Not sure what the retainer should be cuz it would be based on how much per hour I will charge.  What I need to know is how much shoud I charge per hour.  What do you ladies think.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
OliviasMommy611
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Good luck I don't know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 29, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Have no clue but Good Luck!!!

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM

No idea sorry.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Hope things work out for you...

mamisosa
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I think its a great idea! Something I would love to do. I think maybe do some research on what others charge for their services.. that way you can be comparable to what they offer and do in the amount of time they do it in. Call around maybe they can give you quotes :)
jnine32
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Hello My name is Jen. I think that you should charge per child. That's what places like chucky cheese do.

Good luck!! Let us know what you have decided.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

I've been wanting to do party planning for awhile.  I have a friend that has offered to pay me to plan her daughters 3 year olds birthday party.  I even think I've figured out how to do the billing, I currently work in a law office and I sorta like the way they have the billing set up.  They take a set retainer fee and that is what is used for billing at first.  They cfharge per hour but not always for the entire hour.  Say they take a phone call from you and you speak to them for 15 minutes.  They would then charge you for .25 of an hour.  Once the retainer is used up, then you start getting bills.  Not sure what the retainer should be cuz it would be based on how much per hour I will charge.  What I need to know is how much shoud I charge per hour.  What do you ladies think.

tabdemogola
by on May. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I have been thinking about party planning also, i have found that alot of places charge per child and different party packages
SlapItHigh
by on May. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I probably wouldn't be ok with that type of fee.  I'd prefer a set rate for a set number of items and a set time of decorating or what have you.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on May. 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Good luck..i have no idea.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)